Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
A muffler that short with no baffle must be loud AF.
After almost hitting a deer one morning a few years ago I decided I needed something a bit louder than the stock Honda muffler, but I didn't want an exhaust as loud as the Two Brothers full exhaust I had on my Ninja 250R.
I settled on a Delkevic DL-10 slip-on. It has a 14" can and no baffle, but it's exactly the "noise level" I was looking for. They make everything from stubbies to 18" mufflers with baffles that are probably as quiet as stock.
Lots of options, good quality and reasonably priced compared to a Yoshi or Akrapovic.
Delkevic

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I have a stainless Delkevic slip-on on one of my cycles, and it has a removable baffle to control the sound. I modified the baffle a bit to get the sound I wanted - deep, but not loud. It was too loud without the baffle out, but too quiet with it in, before I added a hole (probably about 3/8", but it's been a while) in the end of the baffle.

TrueFaith posted above with a Delkevic link as I was composing my post.

I've had mine for almost 15 years, and it's still good. I'd recommend stainless over carbon in the long run.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Have you tried it with the DB killer/baffle in?

If it's too quiet, you can experiment with opening it up until you get what you want.

Wide open, without any baffle like it is now, is going to sound bad. Especially with a small single-cylinder engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts