Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I apologize for the language and expletives that I am about to write but I feel they should be left in to give you a sense of how frustrated I am. In short, the problem is...I KEEP F*****G STALLING FOR NOTHING!!!

I just got my 250r this past tuesday but here's the thing; The clutch on this "speed demon from f*****g hell" doesnt engage until its about 85-90% let out and even then when I give it the slightest amount of throttle or even no throttle and let it out completely, the sh** stalls out. I've been on 500s and 650s and rode those completely fine but god forbid i get on the worlds fastest 250r and try to pull off from a complete f*****g stop without stalling.

I'm thinking either the clutch isn't worn in yet or I may have to adjust the clutch lever.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHH!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Your post makes me sad. They call this "operator error."

You can adjust the clutch to however you want it. Welcome to the easiest clutch ever.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well no **** sherlock!
What do you mean? its like no matter how easy i let it out it always seems to stall and ive got it rolling sometimes. but then i'll do the exact same thing i did to get it rolling and it stalls. Ive tried giving it more throttle, it works. then i go around the block and do it the same thing, it stalls.

Please, enlighten me good sir.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As you let the clutch out you have to give it some throttle. Thats just the basic premise of a manual transmission. Without giving it throttle the engine gets bogged down too much to push the bike forward at only 1.5k rpms, then it stalls. Just give it more gas and smoothly let out the clutch. A cable clutch is a bit less forgiving than a hydraulic clutch IMO, there is less of a friction zone.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Have you even read the manual?

Takes about 15 seconds to adjust to 10mm freeplay.
The cbr 250 is the easiest clutch in the world to use, bikes dont come any easier than this one, and first gear is so slow *(I never use it) thatyits almost impossible to stall.

Go to a carpark and practice 2nd gear starts for a day.. then 1st will be easy when you master that... Its a good thing to practice.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Adjust the clutch lever. I did and it's makes a huge difference. The clutch on this ceebee is set up for new riders therefore is very forgiving.

·
1,305 Posts
lol yeah, before break in you'll be revving to around 4k while letting out the clutch slowly.

welcome to manual transmission.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Dear Honda, please make a cruisomatic, automatic, coastomatic Binford 2000 cbr250 for the US Market :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
first gear is so slow *(I never use it) thatyits almost impossible to stall.
Mine stalled just one time. Going out from the dealership was very steep uphill with a full stop in a crowded road.
It was my first time riding a bike (manual gears).

Now I often leave in 2nd gear, even if I'm riding with the passenger.
Just practice, and give throttle.
You're not driving a diesel car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input. In short im a total noob. but it is very frustrating learning this S*** on my own. I did read the manual and even watched several hours of youtube tutorials. maybe im just trying to rushing a skill that takes more than a week to master.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm American and I figured this out.

Kudos Aufitt? :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the input. In short im a total noob. but it is very frustrating learning this S*** on my own. I did read the manual and even watched several hours of youtube tutorials. maybe im just trying to rushing a skill that takes more than a week to master.
There's nobody in your whole social circle or family that can teach you how to operate a manual transmission? Wierd.

Short version: Rev the thing up to 3000 or so RPM and hold steady, let out clutch slowly until you start to move forward and then let it out even SLOWER. I was teaching my 10 year old how to do this a couple weeks ago, and that was his biggest challenge. Mine too, if I remember. When you start moving, don't dump the clutch or let off the gas. Give it more gas as needed to keep the rpms steady.

Take a basic MSF course ASAP if you're this bad off. They will teach you what you need to know.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Conflicting Information ?????

I've been on 500s and 650s and rode those completely without stalling.
If the above is a True Statement. You should of have already mastered the Friction Zone of the Clutch.

With Practice comes Perfection. Keep Practicing, the Skill will become Second Nature.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If the above is a True Statement. You should of have already mastered the Friction Zone of the Clutch.

With Practice comes Perfection. Keep Practicing, the Skill will become Second Nature.
Yes and thats what through me for a loop because in my mind its like "how is a 250 harder to ride than a 500 or 650 thats impossible." but seriously I spoke to my friend who lives in mass and he said it may just need to be broken in. I mean the thing had literally 2 miles on it when I got it. even so I was thinking it shouldn't matter. I wish you guys could be on the road with me so I could show you what im talking about.

Mentat Ix: yeah no one in my family knows anything about manual transmissions other than my father and we aren't on speaking terms. Murphy's law, right?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts