Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Interesting, check it out.

There was rumours months ago here in Thailand that you would be able take your CBR250R to selected dealers and they could load on different fuel maps for a few hundred baht (US$1 = 30thb). Nothing has come of it yet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I’ve investigated about it and I’ve got the following findings:
- The ECU on the CBR250R and CRF250 are slightly different (different part numbers). However, connections seem to be quite alike.
- HRC Japan has got a PGM-FI setting tool for CBR250R. No clue if it works with standard ECUs. The price of the setting tool hardware itself is reasonable (below U$400) but non-sense if you need to buy the whole kit (harness, ECU, sensors).
The setting tool doesn’t only allow AFR adjustments but ignition times too, in theory, that would lead to better results than any piggy bag controller (PIM-2, Bazzaz, DFC and so on).
Have anybody in the forum had a try with the CRF setting tool? By common sense, it’s not cost effective to have a different software version for each bike so it should work. That would be genius!!! No messing up with wirings, no sensor tricks, just adjusting factory settings.

·
Registered
445 Posts
That is for the crf250R which is different from the crf250L that shares an engine with the cbr250. Probably would not work, but what do I know.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I spoke to a mate of mine that owns the Honda dealership here & he can remap to suit my new exhaust ( full system) for $88 au.
Really? I would be very very interested in that. I'd pay quite a bit more, considering the DFC + dyno costs $400-$500 here and is far more of a hack. Id prefer to re-map the ECU directly....that would be sweet as.

Heck, I'd probably ride over! 1000km pfft, what's that? LOL

Dave

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
He said its the 250r tool, I've got my bike booked in for next Friday for him to play with as I changed the full exhaust system ( hi flow s/s header pipe with ixil can). Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
626 Posts
He said its the 250r tool, I've got my bike booked in for next Friday for him to play with as I changed the full exhaust system ( hi flow s/s header pipe with ixil can). Ill let you know how it goes.
Sweet as. Does he know 'shops in SA with one???

Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sweet I'm really curious to hear the results of that too!! I plan on talking to my local shop about it tomorrow to see if they have one. I have to take my bike in to check the valves in a month or so it would be great if they could kill two birds with one stone.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
6,945 Posts
Found this HRC Setting Tool Instruction Manual online: http://www.hme-tc.be/TRG_LIB/NM2013...ting-tool/CRF250R_N1D_Setting-tool_Manual.pdf

These are the HRC Part Numbers for the CBR250R (Japanese race bike version)-
38880-N1C-770 .......... Serial - USB Unit Assembly
38882-NX7-000 .......... Serial - USB Sub-cord - CBR250R
38774-KYJ-R10 ........... CD-ROM/Instruction Manual - CBR250R

Part numbers from this Japanese website: http://www.endurance.co.jp/race_parts_cbr250r/sportbase_manual_for_customers.pdf

·
Registered
249 Posts
HRC mapping 1.jpg

HRC mapping 2.jpg

I’m so eager to hear the results from Jeoboo. It would mean nobody will ever need to buy a piggy bag controller. I’ve been doing some research and found out:
The setting tool described by MotoMike is only to be used for the HRC sports based CBR250R which has a different ECU part number (I had to translate some Japanese to learn that). Will it work with a standard CBR250R????? ……nobody knows except God and the Japanese HRC staff.
If Jeoboo’s friend is offering him to re-map his ECU with a 250R tool. It’s likely to be the CRF250R tool which is the only “250R” tool available at global markets. Having said that, what you see above is the sample ECU mapping for the HRC CBR250R.
Jeoboo: Why don’t you try this mapping and let us know the results??

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hmmmm, I have a $ on the dealer saying 'remap' but means 'reset'.
Could be. But a "reset" does not require any "ECU tool", which he said he had, and being a "mate" he probably wouldn't ask $88 do do a reset??

I dunno, but can't wait to hear what he does...

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
i wouldn't mind a PGM-FI tool to play around with and give my cbr more torque, i'm considering keeping this bike for a little while longer and not upgrade so quickly so something like this would be pretty cool :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Greg (my dealer mate ) called this morning & asked if I want to go have a play with his demo bike so we can try his settings against the hrc mapping to see wich is best. Should be a fun day ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Greg (my dealer mate ) called this morning & asked if I want to go have a play with his demo bike so we can try his settings against the hrc mapping to see wich is best. Should be a fun day ;)
Looking forward to hear about the results. Please ask him if the setting tool has the part number 38880-N1C-770 (2013 version CRF250R). Please!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts