Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered this just over two weeks ago at the dealership, arrived today. Bigger than I thought it would be, plenty of space inside, works as advertised. Pictures for others considering it.

4/5 stars. Missing one for not including a mesh/net to hold 'stuff' to the cowl. Going to have to make my own out of old shoelaces or something.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Bought the same last year. Do you have a bugger of a time locking it down sometimes? :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks for the very clear pics. I was considering this for my bike as well. I might try spraying it silver to match the backend of my cycle.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ooooh. Silver may look good there.

Post pics if you do!

I ride with a passenger from time to time so I won't be buying this though.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought the same last year. Do you have a bugger of a time locking it down sometimes? :confused:
Haha yes.. sometimes it just clicks in nicely with a little force, other times I'm slamming the thing shut like a kid who just got grounded for not eating all his peas.. :) I think a little lube on the latch will probably solve the issue.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree.. if you can find the right paint, it would look great painted to match the silver.. I'd definitely want the "right" stuff though, the stock paint is some kind of semi-metallic sparkly stuff. If I can find the right stuff I'll paint it silver. Easy enough to go back to black if I don't like it.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Haha yes.. sometimes it just clicks in nicely with a little force, other times I'm slamming the thing shut like a kid who just got grounded for not eating all his peas.. :) I think a little lube on the latch will probably solve the issue.
lol, doesn't matter how carefully I line it up, sometimes it won't lock down. :mad: thus, I'm banging away at the thing grrrrrr. Still like it though. I like my trunk:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got the same thing. It can be a bear to lock down if it's not lined up just right. Anybody thought of trying to find something to make a bit of pad on the front side of it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have one, and i strung a web of mini bungee cords unerneath so I can store an extra shirt, gloves, and a security cable so i can lock my jacket to the bike too. I've also explored 3 different kinds of paint, metallic finish, hammered metal finish, and some high quality enamel. Anyway you paint it, even with clearcoat... it gets scratched. I wear a bag sometimes too and thats pretty much the culprit. I'm thinking of just sanding and vinyl wrapping next...

Got some goodies getting installed on the bike so I'll take pics when she returns :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. Ive been considering getting this and feel it adds to the look of the bike. Anyone know if it would work ok with a tail bag?
its pretty rounded... I've considered some tailbags recently, but if I go that route, I would def switch back to the seat. I'd imagine that the rounded quality of the cowl would affect the storage capacity of a bag on top of it...

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
I saw one on a bike at the dealership and thought it would work well. If I pick one up I will have to figure out how to pad the front of it as I'm tall enough that I usually ride with my butt resting on the front of the rear seat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I saw one on a bike at the dealership and thought it would work well. If I pick one up I will have to figure out how to pad the front of it as I'm tall enough that I usually ride with my butt resting on the front of the rear seat.
i may look into the possibility of finding some sort of pad material too. But it's not uncomfortable if you happen to lean into it a touch. If anything, it helps me stay in the sweet spot of the seat, and not push too far back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i may look into the possibility of finding some sort of pad material too. But it's not uncomfortable if you happen to lean into it a touch. If anything, it helps me stay in the sweet spot of the seat, and not push too far back.
I used a two piece CF tank protector. I put the larger piece on the tank, and the smaller one centered on the rear cover where my backside touched.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
How much are these?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts