Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the fattest rubber possible on the CBR250R without any/much mod to the swing arm,rim, etc.

Please share your Brand, Size, Mod required, and price.thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whats the fattest rubber possible on the CBR250R without any/much mod to the swing arm,rim, etc.

Please share your Brand, Size, Mod required, and price.thanks.
i'm guessing 120/70 in Front, and 150/70 in back. but if you release the tyre hugger in the back, perhaps 160/70 would fit.
The brand can be vary from Bridgestone Battlax, Michelin, or Dunlop. But for me personaly, i chose the Battlax or Michelin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't base it on the width you can fit in the swingarm, it's the width of the rim you have to pay attention to. The rim is not wide enough for a 160. I would stick to the 140 for best performance.

·
281 Posts
On one of the forums a guy had photos showing a 150/60/17 on the rear stock wheel. No idea as to the acceptability of that............

·
Registered
56 Posts
Usually you can go up or down 10mm from stock without too much of a problem. The big drawback to the 140/70 is that most of the good tires like Pilot Road 3's, Diablo Rossos, etc., don't come in that size. So a 150/70 would probably be okay. Keep in mind this would likely raise the ride height a bit but those tires being radials may squat a bit more than the bias-ply stock tires so you could come out even. The bike would definitely handle better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts