Tonic, Lemon Parade
Veruca Salt, Eight Arms To Hold You
Aerosmith, Toys In The Attic
K's Choice, Paradise In Me
Naked, Naked
Drain S.T.H., Horror Wrestling
Temple Of The Dog
Living Colour, Time's Up
Ted Nugent, Free For All (featuring Meat Loaf on vocals)
Judas Priest, Screaming For Vengance
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005K9LK/ref=dm_dp_cdp?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1324789735&sr=301-1
Steely Dan, Collection
Mad At Gravity, Resonance
Def Leppard, Hysteria

·
Registered
117 Posts
Music in the states has gone pretty stale except for the older bands still around. Asia has the best hardcore/punk scene right now.

S. Korea:
Vassline
Suck Stuff
The Strikers
Johnny ROyal
Japan:
Endsweck

Then I have the old standards I have been listening to for years... punk, hardcore, psychobilly...
Sick of it all, 7 seconds, Descendents, Social Distortion, Tiger Army, Mad sin, Op Ivy, Rancid, Bouncing SOuls, Lagwagon, SHeer Terror, Rise Against, Good Riddance, andd so on....

·
Registered
172 Posts
Kris Kristofferson
Neil Young
Led Zeppelin
Andy Williams
Neil Diamond
The Moody Blues
Hendrix
Joplin
The Who
Journey
Jim Morrison
Santana
and a whole lot more that cumulatively cost me probably 30% of my hearing.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Crosby, Stills & Nash "Wasted on the Way" and "Marrakesh Express". Combined, the two songs do a great job of describing why I decided to get into motorcycling and why I'm so looking forward to this coming riding season.

Other artists:
Chicago (early albums)
Led Zepplin
Collective Soul
The Doors
George Strait
Rise Against
Miles Davis
Streetlight Manifesto
The Copy Chiefs
The Police
Sheryl Crow
The Who
Ella Fitzgerald
Ray LaMontagne (if that's how you spell it)
Eric Clapton

·
Registered
999 Posts
I like pretty much everything except rap.

Too much to list so I will pick just one.

AC/DC
They've been #1 on my list since the moment I first heard them.
Whether it's Bon Scott (rip) or Brain Johnson, they kick serious butt.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hardhouse, Trance, Breaks & chillout.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Russian music is my current favorite and before that Chinese.

That coming from a guy who cant understand either.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Almost anything between 1972 and 1982. Like some songs since that time - but they are few and far between. Hated synth pop from the eighties. And this is coming from a guy who currently owns four synthesizers (and 3 trumpets). Generally don't like rap which I affectionately refer to as "CRAP". Have heard some Jay-Z stuff that I like though.

Mike

·
Registered
636 Posts
sublime, zepplin, queen, jonny cash, bob marley, hendrix, george thuroughood, c.c.r, acdc, bruce springsteen, snoop, otis redding, skynard, guns and roses, metalica, elton john, incubus, primus, santana, prince, the strokes, early micheal jackson, urge overkill..these and many others.. these were the first few on my mind..

·
Registered
493 Posts
All metal. All the time. ;)

·
745 Posts
I listen to everything from Grits to Fleetwood Mac to Jason Aldean. Allman Brothers; Joe Cocker; Taylor Swift; Clapton & Beatles.

I listen to mostly Country these days, which is what Rock was when it was performed by bands like Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd - If you don't think so, tube "One Way Out" by the Allman Brothers (the live Fillmore version is the best), then "My Kinda Party" by Jason Aldean.

Pull up some Alison Krauss ("Gravity" is a good start) - or listen to "Back to December" by Swift, especially the string accompaniment. The lyrics and melodies are so much better than the over-synthesized and auto-tuned crap that passes for "rock" and "metal" today it's not even funny.

Want a good driving song? Get "The Letter" by Joe Cocker off the Mad Dogs and Englishmen Tour... Google "Mad Dogs and Englishmen Tour" and read about how that tour was put together in eight days (days!) by Cocker and Leon Russell and a bunch of other insane people. After the tour costs (which supposedly included copious amounts of alcohol and drugs) were paid, Cocker pocketed something like $600. Can you imagine that happening today?

It's so much more than just the over-massaged soulless noise that passes for music these days. I went to a small club many years ago to hear a guy named Don Williams. He walked on stage by himself with a guitar, climbed up on a stool - and sang for two hours. It wasn't "technically perfect" and there wasn't a sound man in sight (or microphones or amplifiers, actually). However, it was, without a doubt, music.

I don't listen to much rap - if the "N-word" is unacceptable, then it's unacceptable regardless of the race of the speaker. I don't see how anyone can expect respect from others if they don't respect themselves. Besides, where I came from, a "ho" is a garden tool, not somebody's daughter. The band "Grits" is a refreshing exception to most rap.

To me, music is like sushi - simple and raw is the best. And yes, I realize that with this rant I've accomplished little other than dating myself......

·
Registered
131 Posts
" And yes, I realize that with this rant I've accomplished little other than dating myself......"

Some good points none-the-less.
Here is one of my favorite clips. It's simple, artistically brilliant without trying to be, and a great tune as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts