Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all.. Went to my local dealership and instantly fell in love with the look and feel of the bike, knew this was the bike I was going to get. So I talked to a sales associate that was working there, just talking about the bike it seemed as though she knew nothing about the bike itself and that I was pretty much teaching her. (wtf she works there and she knows nothing about her product!). To wrap it all up I finally asked her what the drive out price would be and she said "all in all it would be about 5,200 with tax title and setup fees".. I was thinking that's a little wayy too high. Is it just me? Thanks in advance for any response!!!:D
P.S any tips on how to get dealerships to lower the price or keep them from taking advantage of ya??

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
127 Posts
The title says it all.. Went to my local dealership and instantly fell in love with the look and feel of the bike, knew this was the bike I was going to get. So I talked to a sales associate that was working there, just talking about the bike it seemed as though she knew nothing about the bike itself and that I was pretty much teaching her. (wtf she works there and she knows nothing about her product!). To wrap it all up I finally asked her what the drive out price would be and she said "all in all it would be about 5,200 with tax title and setup fees".. I was thinking that's a little wayy too high. Is it just me? Thanks in advance for any response!!!:D
P.S any tips on how to get dealerships to lower the price or keep them from taking advantage of ya??
Not bad for an ABS. Total screw for a non-ABS.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah if its non-abs walk out. Way too much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Best way is to get OTD prices from all the dealers around your area and call each one saying that other dealers are willing to go lower and whomever wants to sell you the bike more will be willing to go lower. 5200 is how much i paid for my ABS model a month ago and I got it marked down from 6200 by doing exactly that calling all dealers for the otd price.

·
Registered
208 Posts
First, look at the Buyers quote. It will detail all the charges. Look at each charge and question them on each. Some can not be reduced/removed. Next, does this include any extended warranties? If you are only going to ride a little, I would not buy it. I did because I ride alot(10k mi/10 mo). And finally, DFW has more than 1 dealer, see who will make a better deal. Don't be affraid to let them know you want a deal. Or you could buy a used one. Good luck. TX.
ps... I hate it when they put the eye candy out and know nothing about what the're selling. Go to the International Bike Show and you'll see what I mean. Put the candy on the bike and send me a salesperson please... maybe they'll throw in the candy with the bike.;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
In a metro area that large you should have no problem finding a place that will sell it to you with *zero* fees if you take the time to look around. If there are more than 3-4 dealerships you shouldn't have much of a problem finding one that will sell it to you at MSRP + tax + title, period.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Your best bet is to shop around and don't be afraid to walk out, you should be able to find a better price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I spent around 5k flat out the door Non-ABS INCLUDING an extra 4 year honda warranty that costs about $600 extra. Figured why not, I don't like broken OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Tell them you'll pay that price but get them to throw in the first service. That's about $250.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow thanks for all the informative responses. I really hate being taken advantage, of as most people do as well. Im going to keep looking cause like most of you said, there are a lot of dealerships in the DFW area that are waiting to make a sale. THANKS GUYS!!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts

I know where you can get a CBR 250R for 5500 n Texas area( i know big area) that has every mod you can possibly want. look for thread called CBRfeeler. upgraded suspension/ engine componets, brakes and tires.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I got my brand new 2011 with ABS for $4497. OTD Try to find a place with a 2011 model w/ ABS leftover and tell them you will buy it $4500 OTD. Get the ABS model b/c you will save on insurance and resale will be better. I pay $110/yr for full coverage w/ $250 ded for the ABS model, I got a nice discount for the ABS brakes. There is no difference between the 2011 and 2012 model. Same exact bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picking mine up tomorrow. The price for the bike was $4499 (non-ABS). That included whatever set-up, freight, and so on. Of course, I have DMV costs in addition.
Good luck...
George in Virginia

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dealer would not budge on MSRP. Even though i just bought a CRV from them 20 months before (and they knew i was looking for a second car as well). Not even 100 bucks. In teh end i paid it and i dont regret it at all. Love the bike.

·
Registered
540 Posts
$4499 isn't a "bad" price, but "setup" and "freight" are buzzwords that in the industry are synonymous with "pure profit." I paid 4226 OTD for my 2012 non-ABS. That's 4199 sticker + 27 title fee. No setup, no freight, and NH does not have a general sales tax (or a state income tax for that matter, I love this state!)

I only looked at three places.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
It's all relative to the price of the bike. On a $12,000.00 bike they have room to cut a deal and still make what they need make. On a $4000.00 bike, not so much. As others have said, it's a hot selling bike, so they don't have to give it away either. I paid $4274.00 OTD plus TTL(which I did myself. Bought it out of state) for a non-ABS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts