Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not far away, shahbaaz - Pune, India.
Paid Rs 1.61 Lakh all inclusive (no accessories or teflon coating) for a non-ABS 250R in August at the Pune prices. Is this the normal cost when u include insurance, registration, octroi,etc ?
- The Honda website pegs the ex-showroom price for Pune at 1.59 Lacs. Why the differential ?

- 1 st Free Service in Pune set me back by Rs.1016/- (for the normal replacement of engine oil 1500 ml and oil filter + MVAT). Reported to Honda motors about cost and the manual bill instead of the printed bill that was provided.

Guys, what are your experiences here ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im frm mumbai....(mira road) :D.... but bike stil to be delivered... I was supposed to get it today on Diwali... but wil get it around weekend (hopefully)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not far away, shahbaaz - Pune, India.
Paid Rs 1.61 Lakh all inclusive (no accessories or teflon coating) for a non-ABS 250R in August at the Pune prices. Is this the normal cost when u include insurance, registration, octroi,etc ?
- The Honda website pegs the ex-showroom price for Pune at 1.59 Lacs. Why the differential ?

- 1 st Free Service in Pune set me back by Rs.1016/- (for the normal replacement of engine oil 1500 ml and oil filter + MVAT). Reported to Honda motors about cost and the manual bill instead of the printed bill that was provided.

Guys, what are your experiences here ?
Hey man.. Bought an non abs ruby red here in Mumbai for 1.60 from a local dealer.. The first service is due on the 5th.. The price of the bike varies from city to city.. I expect to pay s similar amount as u for the service.. The labour is free and a few mechanical parts are under warranty but we need to pay for the oil change.. Will keep u posted

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im frm mumbai....(mira road) :D.... but bike stil to be delivered... I was supposed to get it today on Diwali... but wil get it around weekend (hopefully)
Fantastic day to take delivery.. Congratulations, do share ur experiences and make sure to do a thorough check before taking delivery.. Oil, chain is lubed, air pressure etc.. Have fun riding

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fantastic day to take delivery.. Congratulations, do share ur experiences and make sure to do a thorough check before taking delivery.. Oil, chain is lubed, air pressure etc.. Have fun riding
Yes i'l make sure to check tht. can u please tell what more things should i check and did the dealer give any complimentary things with the bike? like free gifts or something :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i'l make sure to check tht. can u please tell what more things should i check and did the dealer give any complimentary things with the bike? like free gifts or something :p
Just got a garage cover, nothing else.. Things to look out for are brake oil, engine oil, check if the chain is lubed and is not loose,'coolant, tool kit, first aid kit, octroi and one time tax papers, do read the instrustion manual carefully.. Happy riding ;)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I am not from India.... i am from Godzone (country, aka New Zealand), currently living in Thailand, and have ridden in about 15 different countries. India has long interested me. Some people I know who have visited love it; others hate it.

Maybe (hopefully) one day I'll get the opportunity to ride India and check it out for myself. From Aargee's trip report we have seen that it covers a wide variety of territory, and no doubt varying culture as well.

It is good to see a few from the sub-continent on the forum. It does tend to be a bit US squid centric in active membership, and attitude, with the odd European and Australasian troll daring to squeak. There have been a few Indian members, but most seem have to drifted away.

Motorcycling is different things for different people; a hobby for some, transport for others, and a bit of both for many. The CBR250R was intended to be a "world motorcycle" designed in Thailand, and manufactured there and in India. I welcome a variety of points of view; let's hear them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here I am from Chennai, got my CBR250R with ABS delivered yesterday. The bike seems rough (slightly) maybe I need to wait at least for 500Kms before it really becomes smooth. Nice to ride the bike. Am sitting on a bike after 30 years, great fun and hope to take her out ona spin tomorrow morning (Sunday)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Black Non-ABS.
1250 kms
1 month old.

Assam. (currently in the hills of Sikkim for a year)

Mods: air filter cover removed.
alloys painted matte black.
rear cowls painted metallic black.

Top speed achieved (till now): 145 kmph.
Mileage: havent bothered.

future plans: Yoshimura slip on with Db killer
Bazazz ECU
K n N filter
Switch to synthetic Motul eng oil at 1500 kms
Hitting 160-165 kmph on the highway.

Now,hello everyone...
:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
and hello Michael...hope you are doing great...
cheers!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm trying to locate the diagnostic port on the bike.
I've looked under the front and rear seats, but its not there or maybe its hidden and I didn't notice.
Does anyone know if the diagnostic port exists on the India CBR250R and where is it located on the bike? Is it compatible with OBD2 devices?
A picture would be worth a thousand words. TIA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts