Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any us dealer that sells the rear fender kit that cleans it up cuz my bank wont let me buy anything from out of usa

·
Registered
4,996 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got my yoshi one installed saturday afternoon

The Instructions weren't very helpful about removing the oem kit or putting the yoshi one on. it took me about 3-4 hours to FIND and remove every bolt holding the oem one on. and about half an hour to put the yoshi one on.

a hint for those getting this one it envolves taking EVERYTHING OFF the back side of the bike. Putting the yoshi one on it helps just looking at the pictures in the instructions.

·
745 Posts
installed the Yoshi fender eliminator kit tonight. Wasn't impressed with the fact that your license plate is now a structural component (the signals bolt to it), but the only thing that really made me incredulous was the fact that a $120 fender eliminator wants you to cut the connectors off the license plate light. They include crimp connectors for you to splice the wires, why not just include the barrel connectors? By the way, you can buy them from West Marine (and other places - they're a bit larger than the OEM but will work fine.

Things to do to save time:

• If your wiring harness is on the tire side of the tail section (mine was), it must be moved to the top and placed forward of the taillight. This is easy to do once the tail section is removed. Tie wrap it down to keep it from straying near the seat latch.
  • Once you bolt on the new plate bracket and mount your signal lights to the two L-shaped brackets, route both of the signal cables into the small hole just forward of the LED plate light, up into the tail section before reconnecting.
  • Reassemble the tail section before mounting your plate. Mounting the plate first will keep you from accessing the two screws under the tail that hold the bottom of the tail light. Just let the signals hang.
  • The undertail plate wants you to use the two bolts that go up into the tail section and secure the seat latch. This is not well thought out... These are shoulder bolts that secure the latch as well as the inner fender liner. Crushing the liner between the two plates is likely to crack it. I solved this by drilling holes to match the holes where the pins retained the original liner and inserting a couple of 10-32 bolts with nylock nuts.

I think it looks much better than the original tail section, but I would have been happy to pay a few dollars more to have a bit more thought put into the design.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds like the R&G racing one is a much better design.

Did you take a pic of all the bits before you installed it?

This is the R&G racing one

1 - 20 of 39 Posts