Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think their kit is worth it and it doesn't include a way to mount the plate light. Cheap plastic.

Spend the extra coin and get the yoshimura kit that's made out of steel.

are you sure about it? I clearly read in the instructions and placed the plate light in the spot that it is supposed to go in. It does have it. The plastic is a little on the cheaper side but its not all that bad. If I did it again I might have gotten a different one but at 1/2 the price of the others I got the hotbodies one.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't think their kit is worth it and it doesn't include a way to mount the plate light. Cheap plastic.

F*** that!

Horrid advice.

The Hotbodies is $44 dollars and holds up just fine. Why would anyone pay double for essentially the same thing?

There is a definite difference between "cheap plastic" and "abs". ABS wont rust either.

·
Registered
57 Posts

and to correct this part....it does have a place to mount the plate lamp.
either way hotbodies or yoshimura kit will get the same great results... just one cost more.

·
Registered
504 Posts
F*** that!

Horrid advice.

The Hotbodies is $44 dollars and holds up just fine. Why would anyone pay double for essentially the same thing?

There is a definite difference between "cheap plastic" and "abs". ABS wont rust either.
Didn't realize they made it better. I saw Lowcards on his bike and it was cracked and the taillights wobbled like dogs ears. It was very flimsy.

With the right coating / paint, steel wont rust.

masterseriesct.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
not going to lie....but the way the hotbodies kit mounts the stock turn signals is kinda werid, but since im running the all in one LED it was much easier to install........except that one 12mm nut...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had mine installed a week after I bought the bike in October of last year. It has held up pretty good and I have no complaints about it. It looks very clean too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ Write one?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
You are losing some visibility when you remove the fender b/c it;s missing the side refectors. Besides, the fender doesn't look bad like the fender on the ninja 250, that thing is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm in the process of installing the Hotbodies kit with all going well except for one small problem. The tail light doesn't seem to want to fit back in. I can get one side lined up fine but the screw connecting the plastic piece below the light seems to be interferring with installation and it won't drop in right to line up with the other edge.
Going to fidget with it a little more today, but I can't help feeling that I'm missing something obvious that's not in the video or printed instructions provided by Andrew (theAOP). Anyone have any tips on what I'm doing wrong here?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive taken my tail light out a few times with little issues. Maybe make sure that the wiring harness isnt actually whats hitting the tail light. Other than that i would say take everything apart and start again to make sure youve got everything seated properly and whatnot

·
Registered
57 Posts
Umm..so is there a how-to thread on this?
+1 on the DIY version. I bought the Hotbodies one but had to return it. I'm sure it might have held up but the one I got didn't look too good. The part that you mount the signals too were not even close to being straight and even. I ended up returning it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts