Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you plan to do any ecu tuning? Or does the k&n filter not affect fuel/air ratio? I am looking for mods to do myself but for mpg purposes and would like to know. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
Do you plan to do any ecu tuning? Or does the k&n filter not affect fuel/air ratio? I am looking for mods to do myself but for mpg purposes and would like to know. Thanks
Not really... biggest difference with a K&N air filter is that it's expensive, and that it can be cleaned and reused. Whereas the stock $10 Honda air filter is a 'throw away' maintenance item.

As for fuel controllers, they basically allow the air/fuel ratio to be richened (the stock fuel map on these 250R's is already very lean) when installing free flowing full exhaust systems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I only noticed 2 “flat” spots at 10% or so throttle( barely cracked) at 6000 and then right after the peak hp around 9000 or so.. I can feel those lean spots and I have the popping on decel. I know plugging the air injection in the emissions control can help with that.. I feel like an overall richer map would help smooth it all out.. I wouldn’t blame much of that on the K&N really, that’s more of a combination of all of it with an already very lean factory map for economy and an easy ride..but realistically I give her a good twist most of the time so it’s never an issue. My buddy who has a 600RR loves the little CBR. He always asks to ride it, then comes back, pops the helmet off and all you see is teeth.. grinning from ear to ear.. “ this thing is so ******************** fun dude!!” Every time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts