Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally found a stand that works (i think) ive gotten it up on the stand, but the only place that the padded grove that the swingarm rests on sits under the bolt and spacer with the little measurement lines knotched in it that feeds through the rear sprocket and the swingarm. since im new to these issues, im not sure weather or not to be concerned about this beacuse of the length of time the bike will be on the stand this winter..will this put too much stress on the spacer? :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
not sure what your problem is? Why cant you move the stand further down the swing arm?

·
Registered
323 Posts
My stand slipped forward on the bike 3-4 inches when I was lubing the chain so I decided to get Yoshimura spools. Spools are much more secure in the stand. I would recommend using spools for long term storage just because you probably won't be monitoring the bike as closely. The easiest solution is just to leave the bike on its side stand.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
If i move the stand further up the swing arm, the exaust pipe gets in the way of the frame of the stand.
Depending on your stand you can fit something between it and the swingarm (like two little blocks of wood), this will lift the bike a few cm higher and also stop the stand hitting the pipe.

For long storage I would just leave in on its sidestand. Just use the stand for chain cleaning etc.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Depending on your stand you can fit something between it and the swingarm (like two little blocks of wood), this will lift the bike a few cm higher and also stop the stand hitting the pipe.
These are pics from another guy.

He said he used a broom handle.

Personally I'd use something different, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had the same issues. I bought an M4 Street slayer, Now my stand fits LOL

No seriously

·
Registered
272 Posts
I weighted the little U cups to hang upside down. Necessary to clear the exhaust with as forward as I needed to set them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
........ The easiest solution is just to leave the bike on its side stand.

For long storage I would just leave in on its sidestand. .......
Guys - Cold concrete and rubber tires do not go well together for 4+ months. Letting your bike sit on it's tires in one position when the temps are below freezing for 4+ months is also not a great idea. Of course, I live in Minnesota where sub-zero temps are the norm and then you add on the windchill. :D

You should either get some wood or styrofoam between the floor and the tires and then still move the bike every few weeks or each month OR put it up on stands and wait till Spring.

Now you may be thinking that leaving the tires in contact with the cold floor won't really do that much damage to them....and this may be true up to a point. But do you really want to "wear out" your only contact with the road faster than you need to? Are you sure that a couple of years storing the bike in the cold of Winter with the tires setting of freezing concrete won't weaken them? If one blows out or fails the following Spring you just might regret not taking better care of rubber. ;) :eek:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wood riser idea sounds like a good idea..as far as leaving the bike on its side stand for the winter, one of the reasons i got the stand was to keep the tire off the garage floor for the winter..i'll rig up something for the front tire..thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts