Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title. The washer which I bought at Honda is bigger than the one I removed. The one I removed was pretty tight and I had to screw it off. The new one slides on and off pretty easily.

How much of a problem is this? Or is this normal? Pic is attached. I angled the bolt so you guys can see the gap.

Also I had an oil spill. I did not realise the oil shoots forward like that. Learning curb for anyone new like me: do not place the drainage tub directly under.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A new problem has arisen. The rubber is not perfectly round like the old one. Is this an issue? This is an original Honda part from the store.

·
Super Moderator
6,939 Posts
The drain plug crush washer in the first photo looks correct.

The rubber gasket on the oil filter in the second photo looks deformed. Take the oil filter back to your Honda dealer and ask for a replacement.

Also, when you install the oil filter, make sure that it is installed in the proper direction (the oil filter is marked with an arrow showing the correct directing). Lots of people have install them backwards, resulting in engine damage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The drain plug crush washer in the first photo looks correct.

The rubber gasket on the oil filter in the second photo looks deformed. Take the oil filter back to your Honda dealer and ask for a replacement.

Also, when you install the oil filter, make sure that it is installed in the proper direction (the oil filter is marked with an arrow showing the correct directing). Lots of people have install them backwards, resulting in engine damage.
Thanks for the reply.

So what happened was I asked on Reddit. And was told it should be fine if it fits over where it's supposed to.

I tried that, but it was either too deformed or I put it in skew (most likely scenario). It got pushed to the inside. I'll upload the pic.

My father just popped it out and now it's perfectly round. I'm not sure if I should or can take it back to the dealer.

Should I get a new filter and use that instead? I may be too paranoid about this but I guess it comes with being a beginner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try warming up rubber with hair-dryer to relax it. Boiling in water does similar thing.

As for crush-ring, used one is smaller because it got crushed. This spreads out material in all directions. If you measure OD, you’ll find it’s larger than new one. Measure ID and you’ll find it’s small than new one.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
(SNIP) It got pushed to the inside. I'll upload the pic.

My father just popped it out and now it's perfectly round. I'm not sure if I should or can take it back to the dealer.

Should I get a new filter and use that instead? I may be too paranoid about this but I guess it comes with being a beginner. View attachment 44494
It's buckled and not seated correctly. You should be able to work it into place. If it doesn't want to sit properly you would need to take it back, but I think you should be able to get it to sit correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts