Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I do not regret my purchase. This truely is a great little bike. Im an old fart and have had so many bikes ive lost count. Had several sport bikes Yamaha R1 Honda CBR 954 and several 600s. Performance was a concern but for a 250 I think it runs out pretty good. Got a Yosh slip on ordered for it so that will make an improvment to. Bike handles good, brakes good, and just looks great. Some people actuall think it looks more like a 600. The only issue I have with the bike is a engine rattle at about 5500 rpms. Others have noticed it to hopefully Honda has a fix for it

·
Registered
44 Posts
At first I loved the bike also but after I brought it in for the first service the bike got better:confused:. I started to love it more:). Once they adjusted everything, and once I put about 1k miles on it, it seemed like it wanted to be pushed harder or is it me lol. For some reason the bike just gets better with time. Only thing is after my first service I noticed like a slipping metal noise. Like my brake pads are slipping or something. A slip-slip-slip-slip noise when my wheels are rolling. Almost like a clutch slipping but I cant really make out the noise. Im putting alot of trust in the dealership so Im thinking its my brakes and not my clutch.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I also have a rattle at the 5-6 k rpm range. I never mentioned it at my first service, but I probably will at the second one. Anyone have any info on what this is/ might be?

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are several posts on this. Just do a search for "engine rattle"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts