Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the CBR for only a month and got into my first accident. Idiot sitting at a red light put his car into reverse instead of drive. Next thing I know his rear end is sitting on top of my tire. Only looks to be around $250 worth of damage though, part should be in next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
That really sucks! Hope you weren't hurt and that you're able to get the bike fixed quickly.

When at red lights I generally line myself up with the left side mirror of vehicles and leave about 5 feet of space between me and the car in front, this way I can lane split if the person behind is about to rear end me while at the same time getting the attention of the car in front of me (hopefully) with my headlight.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I always watch back up lights and side mirrors. Did you see his reverse lights?
Sometimes they back out of the crosswalk, then forget to put it in drive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry about the bike. I know it suck to have anything happen to it, especially at the hands of someone else. Was there any damage other than the front fender?

I have started to line myself up with one side of the car in front of me for two reasons:

1. The driver in front of you can see you in the side mirror, and it makes it harder for them to back up into you
2. It gives the driver behind you somewhere to go to avoid hitting you from behind.
3. It makes it easier to get out of there if they are still aiming for you.

The drivers behind me seem to get the idea and line up to the side of me so they won't hit me even if someone hits them. I have tried to think of which side is best, but I can think of situations where either side would be better than the other.

·
Registered
681 Posts
That sucks... glad your ok at least. I always give myself lots of room behind drivers at stop lights. I'm paranoid that someone is going to back over me and my bike and not just my front tire.

·
1,305 Posts
urgh dude, sucky, glad you are ok though.

as for the stop light, i ALWAYS get to the left of the first car so he can see me in the side mirror... i feel more comfortable knowing i'm not going to get pancaked

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
CRAP.....Hope the driver saw the whites of your eyes!!:eek: What's with stupid drivers???? hope you're not shaken up too much. Thankfuly the bike damage is cosmetic.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wow that sucks. Quess it could have been much worse though. You were not injured and damaga is minor. I never really thought about happening

·
Registered
272 Posts
I find my 120 dB airhorn perfect for things like that. I bought a new one that will be the first thing I'll install next week when I bring my new CBR250RA home. I like the suggestion to stay near the centerline to make an escape if necesary as well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I second llory and moldy_dog.

I Always line myself up at the side of the lane, whether in front or behind a car in case i need to make a fast maneuver into another lane.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bang !!!!!!!!!

my CBR crashed very badly
a guy came wrong side of the rode and crashed into my bike straight
my front wheel is bend
my front mudguard is distorted
and the silver part which is bellow the steering is cracked (both sides)
the headlight is cracked
the fuel tank has a few scratches
the thing on the side on which there is a sticker of CBR is full of thick scratches (both sides)
so it was a terrible accident

·
Registered
44 Posts
not even a scratch on my body
but the bike is badly damaged
searching for a new tire but its dam costly

what do you mean you're searching for a tyre...

do neither of you have insurance?

should you not be taking it to a workshop, getting a quote and sending the quote to him/his insurance company to pay for all repair?

ps. sounds like a write-off..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
congratulations, if this is your first accident. welcome to the club !
any accident you can walk away from is great ! you can always buy or repair the bike.
accidents are not an option for us. never relax at a red light, always have your "emergency escape" ready. (also while driving).stay focused !

as far as your bike... thats nothing.

post some pictures of the repairs

·
Registered
706 Posts
Did the OP really pay $250 for a $40 fender? My sources say its 61100-KPP-T00ZA part number and $40.08 brand new from Honda

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Did the OP really pay $250 for a $40 fender? My sources say its 61100-KPP-T00ZA part number and $40.08 brand new from Honda
+ shipping, + labor maybe ????..depends...i saw on a thread on here somewhere a ways back, a $140 direct OEM replacement gas tank turned into over a $700 estimate from a dealer

·
Read Only
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Work completed, ended up costing a total of $244 all together. Work orders shows the fender cost $159.38. His insurance company cut me a check immediately so nothing out of my pocket.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts