Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the cbr for about 3 full days now, took delivery Tuesday afternoon, and have gotten two rides in so far on it. I've been dealing with my insurance folks dragging their feet for some reason on getting my policy finished up so i've been staying close to the house, just riding around the neighborhood in the evening when most folks are settled in. I've had at least 10 phone conversations with the insurance folks in the past 2 days...they are just having the hardest time getting their act together. I swear it's like this is the first motorcycle policy they've ever done...quite irritating. Anyway...

So I was really nervous to take the first ride. I was fresh out of the MSF course, riding on a Suzuki GZ250. The cbr is taller and has a sportier riding position so it felt a little awkward the first night. I never quite worked out how to get my right foot positioned so it would be close to the brake but not on it. I was able to just kind of hover the front of my boot over the pedal on the gz250 since it was such an upright seating position but couldn't do that on the cbr, I would inadvertently be riding the rear brake by doing that since my foot is at more of a downward angle on the peg. After I made the first lap or two around the block I was feeling much more comfortable. I accidently missed a turn and ended up on a busier road so that made the pucker factor go up a little but I got turned back around before too long. The mixture of nerves and thrill kind of balanced each other out so I wasn't super pumped after I got back home.

I didn't get a chance to ride Wednesday, just ran out of time but that was probably just as well since I wasn't really in a great place mentally.

The second ride Thursday was much better for me. I got my foot position worked out and was really able to get out and enjoy the bike since I didn't have those first ride jitters to deal with. I felt like I was getting a little more in synch with the bike and able to focus more on applying the techniques I learned in the MSF. At one of the stop signs there was a car behind me that started revving up their engine. That unnerved me a little but luckily they turned a different direction than I did. Not sure if they were trying to intimidate me or if they were trying to get me to rev up the bike. I decided to call it a night after that but I was definitely on a high note even after that. The bike felt fantastic and was such a joy to ride.

Definitely ready to get more riding time in...really having a hard time focusing at work because I'm thinking about my motorcycle lol.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i wasnt sure how i was going to position my feet at first, but now i ride with the ball of my foot on the pegs and its very comfortable and when you need to use the brake you just slide your foot forward, same with shifting

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. Each machine will have its own quirks that make it unique. As to the "revvers" don't let it bother you-it's your bike and you can ride as conservative or aggressive as you please. LOL an old guy in front of me on the street had a bumper sticker today that read "I may be slow but I am ahead of you!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts