Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went riding today with a few friends through the mountains and canyons and suffered my first and hopefully last fall for a long time. Not much damage to the bike, several scrapes next to the right side of the headlight, a broken right front turn signal along with a scratched muffler guard. I've already ordered a few new parts from Tyga-performance and will talk with the dealer about replacing the piece next to the headlight as i didn't see it on Tyga. I can definitely say the frame sliders are a life saver, not to mention there is no damage to them except for a very small amount of scaring. I'll put pictures up as soon as I get them downloaded. Thank God I didn't hurt myself or the bike to bad. I think this will make me a little more attentive to the way I ride!

·
Registered
532 Posts
What sliders do you have on the bike?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad to hear you (and the bike) are both ok. well...for the most part :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good to hear that you are uninjured. The bike can be repaired.

Would also like to know what sliders you had on the bike,

·
Registered
534 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok and the bikes not too bad. Luckily the plastics on these bikes is super cheap compared to our big brothers plastics!

So what happened exactly? Did you low slide in a turn?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Soryy to hear you went down, glad to hear you are ok and the bike has minimal damage..i'm curius to hear what happened as well..gravel, low side?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Truly sorry to hear about your fall, but thankful that you're okay. The bike can be fixed. Ironic that I just installed Yoshimura frame sliders on my bike today. :cool: Take care of you and maybe pop a few pain relievers before bed in case you wake up feeling sore. :eek:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sorry about your fall. Thank goodness you're ok. I'm gonna install my sliders tomorrow!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats good you're not hurt, I've dropped mine twice and the bike still runs fine. Just remember not to give up! Novice mistakes are just that, novice. I've learned from all my mistakes since starting up riding, like to remember that cars are truly the enemy.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah man sorry to hear that but glad nothing worse happened. Pictures and details on the sliders wold be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the post. We all can learn from what happened. Even if you were attempting to pick your nose and a car pulled out it is worth a story.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind replies. I and my baby are doing just fine and we both will be ok! The sliders I use are called Intuitive, I got them from the Berkley Honda/Yamaha dealer ship. Price was $109.00 after tax, dealer installed them for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not really worried about the exhaust cover. I plan to buy the Yoshimura or Twin Brothers in the next few months. Just looking for the best price in sliver or carbon fiber. All the other parts have been ordered and will be replace along with a few new ones. In a few weeks she will be a better looking bike!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Character......That's all....it gives the bike character!

·
Registered
534 Posts
^^ I guess my bike has character then? HA HA HA

·
Registered
132 Posts
^ Indeed, wife approved character......jerk.;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just got her back from the dealer. 600 mile service, new right turn signal, right upper fairing put on. New tinted windscreen from Tyga. The bike is up and running in tip top shape!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts