Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
It's a nice looking light but is it DOT legal is my only question I didn't see any marking on the cover of the light with the DOT number on there makes me alittle worried.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It's a nice looking light but is it DOT legal is my only question I didn't see any marking on the cover of the light with the DOT number on there makes me alittle worried.
Aftermarket lights never are. Unless they are reproductions of the OEM lights in that case they will attempt to get it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
One night I was driving behind someone that had one of these integrated taillight things. What struck me when he signaled for a turn was that is was not immediately clear which way he intended to go: Left or Right ?
I think there's a good reason why there is separation between turn signals. There is no split second ambiguity of interpretation when the left signal is clearly on the left...
It may be poor fashion to have turn signals sticking out, but for the street I prefer it that way..
YMMV.. of course !

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
One night I was driving behind someone that had one of these integrated taillight things. What struck me when he signaled for a turn was that is was not immediately clear which way he intended to go: Left or Right ?
I think there's a good reason why there is separation between turn signals. There is no split second ambiguity of interpretation when the left signal is clearly on the left...
It may be poor fashion to have turn signals sticking out, but for the street I prefer it that way..
YMMV.. of course !
I agree.

All those winking, blinking, flashing, pretending to keep a show-off idiot safe, multi hued lights do my head in.

Kiss - Keep it simple stupid.... Keep it basic so everyone can understand; even me.

Look out for others.

Don't expect others to look out for you, and don't confuse them.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Why fit something to endanger your life more?..

Indicators are on stalks for good reason.

ppl behind wont know which way you are turning.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like the idea of an LED tailight, just ordered the 1157 bulb and LED signals for mine.

If I want one of these I would leave the signal stalks on the bike in addition to this light housing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"ppl behind wont know which way you are turning."

Because when I was in Japan training to be a Ninja, I was taught to never let them see which way you are going :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
YMMV.. of course !
Exactly right; and echoes my experience.
When I was working inside Honda automotive, I read an internal report on motorcycle lighting. They studied the optimum spacing, color, brightness, etc to maximize utility and safety. For example, notice on the 250R the front turn indicators are always ON so as to define the width and profile of a motorcycle to oncoming traffic. I'm leaving my blinkers where they are so I don't get side swiped by someone thinking I'm turning the 'other' way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a heads up on this i will be a dealer on this item in a week or so. i've got the cheapest price and it is made in Taiwan. The taillight is DOT legal so its 50 state legal. I will post pics as soon as i receive it and possible DIY write up for those who want a guide.

Integrated taillights are a combined brake/turn signal eliminating the need for factory rear turn signals giving the bike a cleaner simple look.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN LED TAILLIGHTS??
comes in both clear and smoked lens styles

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Crazy to remove your indicators... stupid idea sorry to say.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with aufitt, there's a fine balance between notice-ability and aesthetics for all the parts on a bike and for me, turn signals weighs in more at purposeful visibility than aesthetically appealing

·
Registered
504 Posts
YMMV.. of course !
I agree as well.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Use hand signals. My sportster has krappy signals. I just use hand signals. Never have a problem day or night. I use hand signals on the cbee as well. I plan on installing an integrated tail light soon simply because the hotbodies elminator bracket for the signals is a decroded piece of crap and is broken after three months. My signals flap around when i ride. I braced it as best as possible but i plan to do away with them altogether. Unless i make an aluminum bracket for the signals that is. Which i dont see happening any time soon.

·
Registered
160 Posts
While I agree that it is nice to be seen, I found that in my experience it can be dangerous to use turn signals. I don't get it, but allot of cagers will cut you off if they know you are coming. I would pass someone on a 4lane road and signal to change lanes and that person would speed up to cut me off.

I got to the point that I rarely use my turn signals except when at an intersection for on-coming traffic.

I do like the LED lights, but my wife complained they weren't visible enough. Next bike, I might try strapping a Chritsmas tree on the back so I can be seen :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts