Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Half a year has passed since the purchase, model 2013, black, without Evap-Canister, 66,000Km, I am third hand, neglected at almost the half from market price... there are a few more mechanical issues left to be solved. I have already ridden a few short city rides, and today came the Big Day.

WOW! It is so comfortable that you can not get tired from her. You have to stop without wanting to stop, just for refreshment (Safety Issue).
Mighty god, just as I remembered it from the short introductory ride in 2011.
WOW, from 0 - 100Kmh, the end of third gear, in less than 9 seconds.

Due to the thread from 3 d ago , because before that I did not think there was a rattels problem, I tried at today riding, to understand what it is the "RATTLE" issue. So YES YES YES, it is RATTLES:LOL::ROFLMAO:😂
It is appears at 5-6 thousand rpm, which is perfectly normal. It also happens at 7,000, and so on, but as the wind and engine noise are overcoming you no longer hear it.
And now I move to solve the "Mystery":
The rattles noise is created when we reach to equilibrium, the least throttle, to maintain a constant speed... and then, if you add a little bit throttle (do not accelerate) and the noise disappears.
This is typical in many engines I have come to know and not special to CBR250R.
I really would not have noticed that rattles, but people ask and are interested in, so yes, it exists.
Is it cause damage? If you ride like this all the time, yes it is undesirable, and can cause damage, if you occasionally go through the "rattle" point it is not cause damage at all. Whoever is less hesitant about the throttle it does not happen to him at all.
In an engine like that of the CBR the torque issue has no meaning, it is built for the high rpm, it starts to live above 5,000 rpm, and up to 7,000 rpm is its cruising speed. The high rpm is part of the fun.

Engine with beauty sound ... and if you already have an advanced mileage like me, maybe you should took out your Catalytic-Converter, like I did, it was so clogged that it felt like an Exhaust-Brake...Or replacing it with new one.

As soon as the last fuel line start to flashing I stopped to refuel 9 liters for full fuel tank... mmm...

Today I'm shot a video ,sorry, that video came out [email protected], but I will upload it and I will bring it here soon just for the record.
A very fun motorcycle, lucky it's only 250cc, otherwise it would be going crazy me at really dangerous levels.
From today she has a name: Hастя

Just because I wrote that ... the video is NOT worth watching(Just for the record)

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second ride, the Km fly without feeling the time. White Night. About 390 kilometers in 8 hours. Two mountain passes. Full moon night. 34 kilometers per liter. Cruising at 100 km/h, also 110 km/h comes easily, then the wind gets stronger and it is no longer pleasant and does not feel safe (due to wind blows). Slight disappointment from the power of the headlight. Any recommendations for improving light power?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts