Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my bike the last week in February, about 6 weeks ago. Because I live in Maine and our early spring weather is crappy, I only have about 375 miles on it, bundling up and riding 25 miles a ride or so.

The manual says first service at one month or 600 miles. Does that mean whatever comes last, or whatever comes first? I plan on doing a short trip the third week in April, so I can do the service with about 425 miles at 7 weeks, or about 700 miles at 10 weeks. What's the preference? Does it matter?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I picked up my bike the last week in February, about 6 weeks ago. Because I live in Maine and our early spring weather is crappy, I only have about 375 miles on it, bundling up and riding 25 miles a ride or so.

The manual says first service at one month or 600 miles. Does that mean whatever comes last, or whatever comes first? I plan on doing a short trip the third week in April, so I can do the service with about 425 miles at 7 weeks, or about 700 miles at 10 weeks. What's the preference? Does it matter?
Well for what it's worth that is just a factory suggestion. If the bike feels fine then just get it in the shop at some point. I am at 630 miles and have an appt for my 600 mile check up APR24 because they were so booked. I'll probably be at 1000m then but whatever.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Service at 425? NO WAY! What a wicked waste. Get it done regardless of the timeframe but after 600 miles.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Agree with the above, nothing mystical happens to your bike at 600 miles, if it were me I'd wait.......unless of course you have issues you want addressed. I was at the dealers once and someone had a bike hauled in by a towing service for a service, not the first, because they were 75 kilometers over the factory suggested kilos and didn't want to ride it. The staff had quite a chuckle.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I'm old fashioned and want to do a couple of early oil changes on a new bike. This doesn't need to be a shop trip, you can do it yourself. My CRF230L got oil changes at 43, 257, and 630 miles but I was doing a lot of compression braking to seat the rings, especially on the way home from the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.