Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my bike the last week in February, about 6 weeks ago. Because I live in Maine and our early spring weather is crappy, I only have about 375 miles on it, bundling up and riding 25 miles a ride or so.

The manual says first service at one month or 600 miles. Does that mean whatever comes last, or whatever comes first? I plan on doing a short trip the third week in April, so I can do the service with about 425 miles at 7 weeks, or about 700 miles at 10 weeks. What's the preference? Does it matter?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I picked up my bike the last week in February, about 6 weeks ago. Because I live in Maine and our early spring weather is crappy, I only have about 375 miles on it, bundling up and riding 25 miles a ride or so.

The manual says first service at one month or 600 miles. Does that mean whatever comes last, or whatever comes first? I plan on doing a short trip the third week in April, so I can do the service with about 425 miles at 7 weeks, or about 700 miles at 10 weeks. What's the preference? Does it matter?
Well for what it's worth that is just a factory suggestion. If the bike feels fine then just get it in the shop at some point. I am at 630 miles and have an appt for my 600 mile check up APR24 because they were so booked. I'll probably be at 1000m then but whatever.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Service at 425? NO WAY! What a wicked waste. Get it done regardless of the timeframe but after 600 miles.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Agree with the above, nothing mystical happens to your bike at 600 miles, if it were me I'd wait.......unless of course you have issues you want addressed. I was at the dealers once and someone had a bike hauled in by a towing service for a service, not the first, because they were 75 kilometers over the factory suggested kilos and didn't want to ride it. The staff had quite a chuckle.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I'm old fashioned and want to do a couple of early oil changes on a new bike. This doesn't need to be a shop trip, you can do it yourself. My CRF230L got oil changes at 43, 257, and 630 miles but I was doing a lot of compression braking to seat the rings, especially on the way home from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i did my 1st at 520 miles because it was convenient at the time..dealer said 600 wasnt set in stone..just there about somewhere was fine...i wouldnt let all that break in metal stay in the filter too long past 600 tho....breakin was done at 300 miles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts