Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a bit of info for ya,

1st service with HP4 oil

3 valve shims replaced (2 exhaust/1 inlet)

$315 AU.

Honda world Adelaide. Even adjusted the mirrors!.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yep $320 here, they did a very good job, gave me the valve specs when finished, and topped up the coolant and did some other adjustments & checks I wanted done since then, all free of charge.
Get a good relationship with your LBS and ya cant go wrong.
One thing I wont price hop for is bike servicing.

Buy the Honda service kit for $39 and do an oil and filter change yourself if confident at 4000 & 8000 or at 6000km between the annual 12,000 service intervals and it will last forever.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I was very lucky. My local Honda dealer under quoted me. It was the first CBR 250R they'd serviced, and they didn't realize that a valve clearance check was involved. They charged me £92, but said it should have been 3 hours labour. They said that seeing as it was their mistake, they'd honour the quote. The mechanic did a great job as well. he even removed the brake pad pins and put Coppaslip on the threads. All valves were within clearance on mine.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Haven't had mine done yet but called for a quote and was told $325 CDN. It says three hours in the book.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Normally, in the UK, you can haggle to get the first service included in the price of a brand new bike. Mine wasn't brand new, as it was an ex demo, with 5 miles on the clock, but it had been registered about 9 months before I bought it. I got £700 off list price, so I couldn't get the service included, but if you're in the UK, you should be able to swing this on a new bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
1st service cost in UK

My dealer in Scotland isnt franchised to any manufacturer,but he will get anything you want. I have had a range of makes over the years from him.
My 1st service has always been free of labour costs,just paying for oil and filter,etc.
Just had the CBR done for £33 including 2 shims changed.
Why would I buy anywhere else ?
When I bought the 250 I didnt pay out a penny as he did me a straight swop on my CBF1000 2007.
Glad I made the move,this little bike ticks all the boxes without getting into trouble !!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Mine is scheduled for this Tuesday and my dealer said it would be $180USD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Spent 370 dollars to get mine done yesterday. They had to swap out the intake shims, along with the regular work... As much as I hate spending that much money, Ive already noticed a difference in the overall feel of the bike.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Buy the Honda service kit for $39 and do an oil and filter change yourself if confident at 4000 & 8000 or at 6000km between the annual 12,000 service intervals and it will last forever.
the good thing about my dealer is the cost for the oil/filter change is just a few dollars off from that service kit. So i will let the dealer take care of it.
Was shocked to see the bill in Nov when i had it changed at 660km. GN4 - filter - crush washer - 30min shop labour. 45bux canadian. There is a local "jiffy lube" type of store that does fast oil change etc on bikes. they want 100bux for same work.

Also this way i do not have to worry about disposing of the old oil and filter.
i still have old oil from my scooter days layin around that i have to take to a proper disposable place one of these days.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I've never seen the service kit here.

Filter, gasket, and washer cost me $9.
Oil cost me $12 a gallon(yay clearance).

$15 for my oil change. Took less than 30 mins. Beats going to the dealer any day. They charged me $89...WTH...for my change at 600 miles!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
the good thing about my dealer is the cost for the oil/filter change is just a few dollars off from that service kit. So i will let the dealer take care of it.
Was shocked to see the bill in Nov when i had it changed at 660km. GN4 - filter - crush washer - 30min shop labour. 45bux canadian. There is a local "jiffy lube" type of store that does fast oil change etc on bikes. they want 100bux for same work.

Also this way i do not have to worry about disposing of the old oil and filter.
i still have old oil from my scooter days layin around that i have to take to a proper disposable place one of these days.
^ Jiffy Lube is a scam. I watched them change the oil on my car and they tried telling me they replaced the filter. I walked out into the bay and pointed to the red sharpie mark on the old filter. My oil change was free and I won't be going back :D

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just scheduled my 600-mile service at the local Honda dealer here in Richmond, VA. The guy said it would be $199 + parts. I asked what parts and how much would they cost. He said oil and oil filter for about $25. They'll do the full work-up (valves, lube chain, oil change, filter change, complete system and structure check from clutch to brakes, nuts to bolts, etc.). I think for the technical nature of this service, it'll be $ well spent.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
^ How long? My guy said all day, if not over night when I said I'd be riding it up there and waiting on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
^ How long? My guy said all day, if not over night when I said I'd be riding it up there and waiting on it.
That's exactly what my dealership said... I was like, "WTF?!?! Can't I wait there for it?" He laughed and said, "No, we'll call you when it's ready." :mad:

I'm expecting to have to wait until the next day to get her back. :( The separation anxiety is going to be awful! ;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That's exactly what my dealership said... I was like, "WTF?!?! Can't I wait there for it?" He laughed and said, "No, we'll call you when it's ready." :mad:

I'm expecting to have to wait until the next day to get her back. :( The separation anxiety is going to be awful! ;)
Looks like I will be getting comfy at the dealer because I am not leaving it over night. They better be on their A game or they are going to catch some flak. Luckily there is an Applebee's across the street with a sports bar.

·
Registered
501 Posts
First service took 3 hours but only charged 2 hours. Suspect their repair book said, that it should take 2 hours. Probably the first CBR250 they did in this area.
Only had valves done. Replaced all 4 shims, $178. Starts faster & runs smoother now.
Did rest of maintenance myself.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was quoted $170 if valve/shim work wasn't necessary, and $340 if it was... Either way, I was told 3-4 hours, and I could wait for it (and sit on every bike in the dealership if I cared to).

I'm well over 600 miles, but couldn't get in 'til May 14th. However, they told me anywhere between 600-1000 miles is fine...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts