Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm currently at about 450 miles, and I want to ride my bike home to my folks' this weekend because it will probably be the only chance I'll have to this year... however doing so round trip will put me at about 750 miles, 150 miles over the 600 miles listed for the first service.

Not to mention, add another 60-70 miles miles to ride it to the dealer to get the service done... putting it at ~820 miles.

My gut tells me it's probably a no-no for me to ride my bike home knowing all this... but I was curious as to how written in stone the 600 miles is for having the first service done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So, I'm currently at about 450 miles, and I want to ride my bike home to my folks' this weekend because it will probably be the only chance I'll have to this year... however doing so round trip will put me at about 750 miles, 150 miles over the 600 miles listed for the first service.

Not to mention, add another 60-70 miles miles to ride it to the dealer to get the service done... putting it at ~820 miles.

My gut tells me it's probably a no-no for me to ride my bike home knowing all this... but I was curious as to how written in stone the 600 miles is for having the first service done.

Thanks.
I wouldn't sweat it....those are recommendations/guidelines. I'd be concerned if u had said 600 miles over.... Make sure chain is lubed...and go thru your maintenance checks I.e oil/brake fluid levels, air pressure etc...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Like Kalboogie says, it's very unlikely to hurt anything by going a few hundred over as long as you do a good inspection first. But call the dealer and ask them anyway. I'd be more concerned about whether or not it will affect your warranty.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I actually had my service done at 550 miles because it was a matter of convenience....My dealer said the 600 mark was not set in stone..but i do think its important to get all the metal shavings out of your lubrication system (oil/filter change)as soon as you conveniently can after you get close to the 600 mile mark. I think thats why they charged me for 3 quarts of oil at my 1st service,..they must have drained the oil..refilled it..let it run to flush out any remaining metal particles..then drained it again before putting in a new filter and another 1.5 quarts of oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts