Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Really depends on where you live. I believe there's another thread that has people putting up their prices.

·
Registered
57 Posts
...could be "oh thats not that bad" to "bend over".......but like said above depends on the area and labor rate......just did mine week or so ago....$276 oTD

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
First service yesterday $265 CDN. Parts $45 labour $220. A little steep if you ask me. Thought I would get the first one done by the pros but I'll be getting the manual and doing the rest myself.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's not cheap, but it doesn't have to be done too frequently. This bike doesn't require too much in the maintenance department. After the 600 mile service it's mostly simple things like brake pads and oil. My chain hasn't moved at all. I assume the dealership adjusted it but it's fine now. What I mostly do is lube the chain and check my tire pressure.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, this bike has 2k and the first service. I would do 600 miles in two weeks so having the first one covered that carries me for the valve adjustment until 16k (I think that the second one). I am fine changing the oil and fluids etc.

How long does the warranty last and is it good for a second owner?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
What is the going rate for this service with valve adjustment?
$195 total - Chain lube, greased clutch cable, oil change, valve adjus. 2 shims etc

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Thanks, this bike has 2k and the first service. I would do 600 miles in two weeks so having the first one covered that carries me for the valve adjustment until 16k (I think that the second one). I am fine changing the oil and fluids etc.

How long does the warranty last and is it good for a second owner?
^

Whatever is left over from the original. Valve adjust is $80USD total in my area.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks everyone (TBC). I am looking at a used bike and trying to justify it vs new. So even $200 bucks counts.

I seen 2 tri color cbrs at Cda Honda, one was $4599, must of been abs.
Other in shop , looked like it was getting prept.
Most CBR's ive seen in the northwest at one place.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I seen 2 tri color cbrs at Cda Honda, one was $4599, must of been abs.
Other in shop , looked like it was getting prept.
Most CBR's ive seen in the northwest at one place.

There are about 6 (locally in Spokane). CDA quoted 4930.60 OTD for the ABS bike plus WA tax so 5358.34. I am still wrapping my brain around the figure.

It is likely the best bike for my needs. Its hard though when I can go get a used 650 for half the price. I know that everything is more $ for a bigger bike and after a few years it would all start to even out.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
The first service will probably be a bit more expensive on this bike to other similar bikes, because of the valve adjustment check. After that, it's going to be much cheaper than virtually any other bike. Most bikes have 4,000 mile service intervals, this bike is every 8,000 miles. This bike is a single, the more cylinders you have the more expensive the service will become. This bike is going to be one of the cheapest to run and service that you will find.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My first service came to $219.
There were a couple of notations on the service report. One was funny, the other not so much:
1.) "Rodent nest in airbox"
I thought I had cleaned out the mouse motel that was built in the airbox over the winter, but they had apparently also moved into the airbox itself. Glad I didn't decide to fire her up before I brought it to the dealer!
2.) "Valve clearance: IN SPEC"
So I just paid you to tear my bike apart for nothing?
I know you have to get it done for peace of mind if nothing else, but they could have at least pretended to adjust the valve clearance to make me feel better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts