Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:Just had the opportunity to ride home from work at the airport in a raging downpoor complete with thunder, lightning, nice little wind gusts, and enough humidity to slightly fog up my so called anti fog face shield..(live and learn..) it was my first encounter with the extreme elements and the ceebee handled it like a champ!!:D:D believe me i was a bit nervous..it was dusk to top it off..got home safe and sound, striped off my soaked clothes..and i was soaked to the bone..and now im drinkin a beer on the couch..:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Good for you! Gotta keep your head hey? First time I got caught in a storm, minus the thunder, when I arrived home and pulled into the garage, after I successfully dismounted, I fell to my knees and kissed the ground. :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's really scary at first. Good job keeping your composure and making it back safely. It will become more natural over time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good for you! Gotta keep your head hey? First time I got caught in a storm, minus the thunder, when I arrived home and pulled into the garage, after I successfully dismounted, I fell to my knees and kissed the ground. :D
HAH!! Yup!!:D:D I know a had a huge s**t eatin grin on my face when i got off that bike!! went up to the house and my fiance is standin there in the doorway her first words "you look like a drowed rat." still have adrinaline runnin' through the viens a bit:p:p:D gotta love it!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really scary at first. Good job keeping your composure and making it back safely. It will become more natural over time.
it was scary pullin ou of the employee lot onto the main drag..thats when you just knuckle up, like you said compose yourself and go for it..:D

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ha ha every ride is a successful one when you arrive home safe. Hail is the worse. Got caught in that once. :eek: Did you dry off your bike when you got hme?? That's the first thing I do, take care of my "boy" before I get warm and dry.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha every ride is a successful one when you arrive home safe. Hail is the worse. Got caught in that once. :eek: Did you dry off your bike when you got hme?? That's the first thing I do, take care of my "boy" before I get warm and dry.
no i neglected to do so..i really didnt think about it..i was honestly just happy i was alive and home..do you think i should go out and towel the ceebee off?:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ha ha, wouldn't worry. Enjoy your beer and your successful ride in inclement weather. Cheers!:D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I don't. I just leave it as is. Waaaay too lazy to do that.:)

I do watch the chain and lube it more when it gets rainy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not really that bad, eh? I love a good lightning storm on the bike myself. There's something a bit zen about thundering down the freeway through a massive storm, lightning coming down all around, water sheeting off the roads. I usually do it with some kind of ambient music pumping into my ears, going suicidally fast.

As far as drying it off.. well, I don't bother.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I love my water marks.:p

And bugs, and whatever else manages to get its way onto there.

After 1500 miles of springtime interstate on there, there was a lot of bugs....I finally decided to clean it.:p

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm like that with my helmet and jackets.....and boots. Never shine my boots:D My jacket have a hint of yellow on them from bug guts lol

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah....my jacket, helmet, pants, and boots were gross after my trip. Finally gave them a wash, it got too ridiculous lol.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i guess if you get out in a heavy rain shower every so often ya dont even have to worry about it..

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
i guess if you get out in a heavy rain shower every so often ya dont even have to worry about it..

...as you found out today lol

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well it showered when I was in Charlotte. That cleaned everything up. But then it stopped and the bugs kept pilling on.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
bugs? try riding this area at dusk...if i go for a ride around dusk..i literally have to pull over to wipe off my face shield every 5 miles or so cuz i cant see out it anymore from bug splatter....

the cbr tackles rain like a champ alright....i try to keep a cheap plastic rainsuit in my tank bag when i go out...a light rain or drizzle..no problem..heavier rain and i like to put the pants and jacket on..makes the ride so much more comfortable

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love riding in the rain as long as it's decently warm, cold rain bites. About the only time my bike gets washed... As mentioned, if you do a lot of wet riding keep a closer eye on that chain.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts