Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I just took the new bike out for a nice spin tonight at about 11:00pm... It was a rare feeling i have felt one or two times in my life.. I am kinda recovering psychologically from an accident but tonight's ride on that black cbr 250 in my garage, as well as some of the dialouge in this forum helped me over a HUGE hurdle. The suspention handled good sized bumps im the road and pot holes great, and there was plenty of torque for my needs. The gears were smooth and the throttle is good i just have to find the "sweet spot" but I loved every minute of it. my previeous riding on the bike was in my driveway and i broke thruogh the fear factor and "got back on the horse" and on the road..I encourage anyone who has been through an accident and is wanting to ride but thier fear is almost overwhelming them; take your time to recover mentally and physically and slowly get back in the saddle you can do it.. Be safe everyone, and ride hard..:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well done mate, you should be proud of yourself! I love riding at night, and in the rain too, it always seems to have a peaceful feel to it.
Keep enjoying your bike, geez they're so much fun, I am totally in love with mine!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feedback guys..Trapper, as far as my crash, i bought a suzuki sv 650 gladius on st pattys day of this year..no luck though(irish) because five hours after getting the thing i ran straight into a brick wall doing about 30-35 mph. bent forks, cracked steering tree, bent frame, TOTALED!! after that i contemplated getting back on a bike or not. then i started researching the cbr. and you are 100 percent correct.. it does take alot to get back on bike and get back on the road... off work monday and tues. goin ridin!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Glad your ok. Dumped mine couple times years ago, between inexperience and being reckless in my younger days glad Im still alive. Worst was when i was following a car doing 25 or so in a 55 zone. I go to pass him as he turns left with no turn signal. Hit his drivers side, flew over the car, landed on my knee, slid across the road. Somehow my bike got in front of me and stopped me from sliding into a barb wire fence. Got to see what my exposed knee cap bone looked like. Exchanged info with the guy and rode to the hospital on the bike. Somehow only had a bent turn signal. Was wearing a helmet and somehow had paint transfer from the car on my helmet.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OUCH! Thank god for adrealine!!! Man that is hardcore. Christmas eve of 2005 i had this little Honda 150cc 1980 dual -purpose orange gas tank bike.. my first bike ever!! Its like 45-50 degrees out so i went out for a ride. I took a curve too fast and leaned in as hard as i could but it was not working. a buick riviera was parked right in my path so locked up the brakes, and knew i was not going to make the turn so i bailed; threw the bike to my right hit the ground back of my helmet hit with a CRACK! when i looked up after sliding, the bumper of that car was right above my head.. I got up walked over to the bike still running mind you..putt..putt..putt I reached down to pick it up by the handle bar but painfully discovered i had a avacado sized lump on my wrist when i started lifting the **** thing..snap crackle pop! Now im sporting some titanium in that wrist. but exposed knee caps is just..once again ouch.thats heavy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I find night riding is more exciting. You seem to be going faster because you only have a narrow field of view due to the headlight. You have to watch out for rabbits,kangaroos and foxes so you scann the edges of the light beam. All this makes the trip go quicker.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iagree basil, being in the u.s. I rarely look for kangaroos, and if i saw one Im sure id start taking pictures if i had a camera at hand! ;-> It is a very cool sensation riding at night.. It seems that the body's senses are a little more sharp as well..everything is just a bit magnified..Very cool..Ride safe..Ride hard

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no doubt.. used to live in san diego, nice and dry out there too..oh well maybe i'll build a popcicle stick raft and sail it down the road..

·
Registered
928 Posts
Spent the winter in San Diego once, loved it. Turned nice today, low 80's. Took the bike to the gym and a little cruising around. Have to go out for a night ride tonight if it doesnt rain, 50 degrees tomorrow.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup.. the sun broke thru and i took off for a while..school got out and i was weaving in and out of soccer moms on cell phones scoldind thier kids, and scool busses..that'll sharpen your skill sets!! I hope it stays clear tonight gonna do a night session if its dry..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts