Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I'm a first time rider and first time owner. With gas prices rising, I ventured to other means of transportation (I drive a 2000 Honda Odyssey). I took the MSF course about a month ago because I have always been fascinated about riding bikes. The course was fun but I still have problems with slow speed maneuvers. After I passed, I went straight to the nearest DMV and upgraded my license. I made up my mind right then and there to buy a motorcycle.

Now before I even started looking for a bike to buy, I did my research (more than any college thesis paper I have ever written). It came down to the ninja 250r (I know I know) and the cbr 250r. I leaned towards the ninja because I heard that it would do better on the highway (I commute to school 30min on the highway).

Unfortunately, I had no recent credit to be approved for an unsecured loan from a bank. So buying a used one bike from a private party was scrapped from my options. So I went to my local dealership and see if I could finance a bike from them. Originally I was looking to get a ninja 250r , but they had no used one for sale. The dealership only had a 2012 ninja for $4500 or a 2012 tri color cbr 250r non ABS for $4100. I decided to save a couple of bucks and went for the cbr 250r. After dropping a huge down payment to get approved, the bike came to $5500 OTD (first time buyer so didn't really know how to negotiate, plus I really wanted the bike).

So far I have had the bike for a week now and couldn't be happier! I have logged only 150 miles as of now and experience my first highway ride and kept up with traffic with ease. Most of my gear already came in Bell Vortex RSD Apocalypse Helmet, Joe Rocket Reactor 2.0 Jacket, Motorcycle gloves, Speed and Strength Moment of Truth Shoes, and MotoCentric Mototrek Backpack. I have also installed Gorilla Automotive 8017 Motorcycle Alarm with 2-Way Paging System to my bike.

I know it's a long read but just wanted to share my story to all patient enough to read. If you guys have any comments or advice, it would be greatly appreciated (I'm ready to be scorched by auffit). THANK YOU!!!:)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Congrates on your new bike and not only will you enjoy it but it will save you a lot on gas.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome -- Out of interest how do you find the Gorilla (sensitivity, range of remote, etc)? I'm thinking about getting one myself actually.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome -- Out of interest how do you find the Gorilla (sensitivity, range of remote, etc)? I'm thinking about getting one myself actually.
well the gorilla was easy to install .. but the original key fob didnt work .. but the 2way one did .. so no worries with it so far .. i set the sensitivity pretty low cause it does get windy around here .. range is fine .. i still have signal when im inside my school building .. with the gorilla and wheel lock i feel pretty secure unless someone just lifts the bike up and leave in a hurry ..

·
Registered
96 Posts
im from las vegas .. well anthem in henderson to be exact.
DUDE! Your the cat I saw at the Subway/Starbucks/Robertos parking lot the other day. If memory serves your temp plates expire on the last day of the month.

I'm in Anthem too right down the street from the above locale. Hit me up if you want to ride sometime.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you like that helmet? I'm putting together some gear to buy for the first time and was just looking at the Vortex

·
Registered
611 Posts
Greetings illegalpn0i,

Welcome to the Forum. Congratulations on your New cbr. A+ on the MSF Coruse. More smiles to the miles in your Future.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DUDE! Your the cat I saw at the Subway/Starbucks/Robertos parking lot the other day. If memory serves your temp plates expire on the last day of the month.

I'm in Anthem too right down the street from the above locale. Hit me up if you want to ride sometime.
haha small world .. well i work at the starbucks there .. im the one with a crazy hair haha !!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How do you like that helmet? I'm putting together some gear to buy for the first time and was just looking at the Vortex
the helmet is really nice .. the only thing is i wanna put on some reflective decals on them but without blocking the art .. i think im gonna outline the vents where there are no art or drawing ..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Insurance? Dont skimp on that part. Its really cheap on the 250r.
yea my insurance is really cheap .. $25 a month full coverage .. i think i can get it cheaper cause i didnt tell them that i took to msf course .. but if it doesnt im still wont cry ..:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts