Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After lurking here a while, I figured I should introduce myself. I am Scott, a soon to be first time rider. I just relocated from Atlanta to Dothan, AL and the wide open roads and reduced traffic have me thinking now is the time to get a bike.

I am looking at the CBR and possibly a left over Ninja 500 (feel free to talk me out of that). The CBR got my attention as it seems like a reasonable first bike and it works for my 5'-7" height unlike most others.

My basics - 31, married, 2 Labradors, work as an Engineer. Hobbies are running, cycling, swimming, and Italian cars.

-Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - the fuel injection is a big deal to be as well. If it was 250 vs. 250 I would definitely go Honda. I kind of like the bigger motor but at the same time I am not good with carbs and think I could get myself into trouble as a first timer on a more powerful bike.

I used to have to mess with the carbs on my jet skis and swore them off when I sold the last one!

·
Registered
928 Posts
The 250's hold there value too when and if you sell it to move up to a bigger bike. Im actually downsizing so I'll have to see how that goes.
My Waver Runners were a pain with the carbs, my Sea Doo was never a problem. Also had a fuel injected Arctic Cat that was awesome.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ROLL TIDE..hey gtscott, this is my first street bike and since ive had it its been noyhin but grey and rainy here in ohio but the weather has to break soon..let me know how you like yours being a novice rider myself..

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is also my very first bike, and what sold me was a few things. first would have to be the Fuel injection, but also i like the digital speedo and the single head light, (i hate dual head lights with only one on for daytime running). other then that i did lots of reading how ninjas pretty much have the same motor that they had back in the 80's with very little change. yea people will tell you "Well the ninja is faster". Well if your in the market for a "Fast" bike 250 is probably not for you. but i love my CBR, was so easy to learn on it and then take it out for a spin on the highway.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey Scott, welcome to the club. If this is your first bike, I suggest you also start investing in riding jackets, helmets, knee pads and boots. A rider is incomplete without his/her gear. And congrats for you bike. Do post pictures of the same when you get it.
Another Engineer...:D
Ride hard, Ride Safe!!!
Cheers!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts