Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my bike last week wednesday. I have put on about 190 miles so far. After my first fill up (170-some miles) I achieved around 85 mpgs. I couldn't be happier, same performance wise. I have gotten it up to highway speeds but I have yet to actually take it on the highway. Is everyone else as happy with their CBR as I am?

Luke

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum.. 26 hate the single cyl engine harmonics at at 5.5k revs.

The other few hundred thousand worldwide are as totally stoked as you are with a cheap Thai made commuter that is so much more than its price tag suggests :)

That is incredible mileage you have too. Good to see someone running a new bike in.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My last street bike was a Honda CBR900RR and my first new street bike was a '66 Ducati Diana Mach 3 so I wasn't really too excited when I got a CBR250 for my daughter last week. The reviews and rider reports told me that it was going to be a good bike. But, after about 300 miles on western NY back roads breaking it in for my daughter, I think I'm in love with it. Must be getting old.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Grats on the new bike. 85 mpg is huge! I seem to get around 70 but Im heavy and like to twist the throttle a lot. I've had mine for 5 weeks and I couldn't be happier. It's my first motorcycle so I can't compare it to anything else but it keeps me smiling every time I'm on it. Every now and then I will actually burst into laughter because I am having so much fun.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My last street bike was a Honda CBR900RR and my first new street bike was a '66 Ducati Diana Mach 3 so I wasn't really too excited when I got a CBR250 for my daughter last week. The reviews and rider reports told me that it was going to be a good bike. But, after about 300 miles on western NY back roads breaking it in for my daughter, I think I'm in love with it. Must be getting old.
I had a Ducati 250 as well. Don't have a CBR250 yet, but I am considering it.
How would you compare the two bikes?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i got the low 70's-high 60's on mine the first couple tanks..even got high 50's on one tank...i am averaging mid 70 mpg each fill up now but only after getting a few thousand miles on the odometer first...so i'd say your off to great start already hitting 80's and you just got it

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had a Ducati 250 as well. Don't have a CBR250 yet, but I am considering it. How would you compare the two bikes?
Hey, 1966 was like 45 years ago!

The Ducati started most of the time. Never easily. Luckily I lived in Duluth MN which had a lot of steep hills. I always tried to park on a hill, facing downward.

The Ducati had both a regular exhaust and a megaphone. The megaphone sounded great! It would almost blow your hat off if you stood immediately behind it. But, it wouldn't run at all till it got up to 4K (neither dealer no I knew anything about jetting). Once it got going though it went well. But, it was loud. Cost me $75 for a noise ticket in Wisconsin. The judge had no sympaythy. The regular exhaust transformed it into a Honda 90.

The lights sucked. I have no idea of how I survived riding it at night.

Unfortunately for the Ducati, I decided I wanted to race. And the only way to race then was "scrambles". Thus, the tank, the seat, the headlight, the fenders, the rearsets, the clip-ons and all the misc tabs that I could cut off the frame went into the garbage.

It died a couple of years later in a garbage heat somewhere in Minneapolis when my cousin locked up the motor going up and down his alley. :mad:

·
Registered
235 Posts
yep, r100, that's it except for the seat. Before I butchered it. :mad:

Wonder if racing it in dirt with that unfiltered velocity stack had anything to do with its demise? Hard to believe how dumb I can be at times.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wanted a Duc 250 or 350 for light, single cyl riding. But now they are hard to find, and parts are obsolete, and I hate head aches so I bought the cbr250r. I am glad I did. I wish they had styled it more like the duc, I am not the bigggest fan of the bodywork, and I dont want my 250 almost confused with a 600. I bought a 250 on purpose. One other thing, the old Ducati singles were supposed to go at least 100 mph, unfaired. I am not sure if this is true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts