Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any information on how to make your headlight flicker, for a safety perspective. Is it a relay or a special bulb? I've seen BMW's with flickering headlights so cars see them better. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmm , the person on the receiving end just might think you are high beam signaling them on ?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
My headlight flickers already because my shifts are so poor.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Flickering lights do my head in, and I dare say it is the same for others.

As a scholar of the English language, I explained to spdklls that Jumping Jack Flash lights are not legal where he is, according to the rules he posted. He was seeking an interpretation. He installed them anyway, and then almost forgot to put on his pants.

There are a lot of other things that will have greater effect on your safety. Attitude and awareness come first. Not wearing pants could be a good idea; it would surely get you noticed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There is a high beam index finger trigger, left handlebar, why not just use this?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Flickering lights do my head in, and I dare say it is the same for others.

As a scholar of the English language, I explained to spdklls that Jumping Jack Flash lights are not legal where he is, according to the rules he posted. He was seeking an interpretation. He installed them anyway, and then almost forgot to put on his pants.

There are a lot of other things that will have greater effect on your safety. Attitude and awareness come first. Not wearing pants could be a good idea; it would surely get you noticed.
your opinion was for my sequential Knight Riderz auxiliary LED brake light mikey...not the photon blasters..which are fully DOT approved and legal in all 50 states and go on the front end to make people notice you...and for the record..have had city,county..and state law enforcement behind me and none have blinked twice at my knight rider led...

and whether or not i put on overpants to ride is no ones business but my own.....have a great day michael

·
Registered
540 Posts
Flashing your lights is an indication (around here, anyway) to other drivers that it's safe for them to proceed / you want them to proceed. Flashing your light at them may result in an effect opposite the one you are trying to achieve.

Be alert, watch their wheels, don't take their behavior (anticipated or perceived) for granted, and don't send mixed signals yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm afraid you're all missing the point. What the original poster is asking about, I believe, causes the headlight to 'pulse', oscillating from high to low, low to high, etc. I've seen this on some bikes around here when I've been driving my van. Really draws my attention to the bike. (The flip side of that is that it draws my attention AWAY from other vehicles; but at least I see the bike!).

I would like to get that, too. I don't know if the laws allow it here, but I'm not too worried about it, I'd rather be noticed. And that's what the OP is asking, too. "Where to get them"; not "Are they legal, or not?".

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is a high beam index finger trigger, left handlebar, why not just use this?
That's what I do if I think someone is not paying attention and looks like they might pull out in front of me. Sometimes I use my breaks this way also.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
a headlight modulator does not flash your headlight..rather it it "modulates" it from high to a little lower power then higher again ...seamlessly...i have seen them for years..especially popular on cruisers ...some people who have used them swear by them...as far as i know they are legal in all states

and the photon blaster conspicuosity lights I mentioned dont flash either..they flicker at a specific rate...but only in your peripheral vision...they hold steady if you look directly at them..thats what helps get you noticed by drivers in front of you,,and i swear by them

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Australian models have a pass button on the left switchblock.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Australian models have a pass button on the left switchblock.
I already said this :p

I'm surprised that other countries don't have the high beam trigger, although I was also immensely confused when I found out the US model bikes have indicators on by default (although not flashing) as if they were another set of headlights/taillights :confused:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I already said this :p

I'm surprised that other countries don't have the high beam trigger, although I was also immensely confused when I found out the US model bikes have indicators on by default (although not flashing) as if they were another set of headlights/taillights :confused:
Only the front indicators stay lit all the time, the rears act only as blinkers.

Front parking lamps are required to be lit whenever the headlight is lit here, so you can tell the difference at night between an oncoming motorcycle and an oncoming car with a headlight out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Front parking lamps are required to be lit whenever the headlight is lit here, so you can tell the difference at night between an oncoming motorcycle and an oncoming car with a headlight out.
makessense.jpg

In any case, I'm glad to be living in Australia. I love the thrill of trying to figure out if that's a car in the other lane with a busted light or another biker. 9 times out of 10, it's a busted headlight :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts