Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Florida 250's

44K views 171 replies 66 participants last post by  Gover 
#1 ·
anyone ?

#6 ·
FL - CBR 250Rs

Not in FL but close to it. About 45 miles north of JAX in southern coastal GA. Just made a quick trip on the 250 today blasting back/forth via I-95 to St. Johns Towncenter. Logged about 150 miles today w/ a passenger. A few times I had the 250 at full throttle for up some bridges and while passing some semis. All in all it performed excellent for a 250. My top speed was around 83 or 84 w/ the passenger. Just keeping up w/ traffic....

Reactions: Bluerider
#7 ·
I own a red 250R and I live about 45 clicks north of JAX. I've got my eye on a few road races (running) down in the Orlando area. Do you do any running?

#15 ·
you have guts riding in Miami. I lived there and driving a large SUV was dangerous. People can not drive and do the stupidest things... Hard to predict what some of those people are going to do... been backed into by a guy who decided he did not want to get on 112 after he was at the end of the on ramp. He backed right into me with nowhere to go. oh, and nobody stops either after they hit you.

#17 ·
Bring the bike down with you and we will do some riding. In case anyone is interested here are a couple of good groups on meetup.com

The first one are folks that I did my first group ride with. Good bunch but they do like to go fast...your honda will struggle. They all ride ninja 250's with a couple 650's thrown in. There are quite a few people from the Orlando area as well that hold weekly meetups at a steak and shake in winter park.

Central Florida Ninjas (Orlando, FL) - Meetup

The other group is an eclectic bunch. Everything from Suzuki tu250 to Harley is represented. They tend to be nice leisurely rides on country roads with a stop at a local mom and pop restaurant for breakfast or lunch depending on the meetup time. Great bunch of folks! They organized a ride to the Keys for this weekend. I signed up for it but backed out. After about 6 hours or so on the honda I am usually worn out. Trips like that will have to wait for my next bike. They usually form up on 301 and big bend road near Apollo Beach.

South Shore Riders (Riverview, FL) - Meetup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.