Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While warming up my bike this afternoon, I noticed that the pavement was wet beneath the middle of the bike. I ran my finger through it and it appeared to be oil.

What gives? I looked in the oil resovoir and didn't see any until I took the bike off of the side stand. Should the oil be filled to the top?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Have you changed the oil lately? Maybe overfilled it? Did you look under the bike to see where it might be coming from?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you changed the oil lately? Maybe overfilled it? Did you look under the bike to see where it might be coming from?
Bike has 260 miles on it so I have not changed the oil yet. Where the hell is the dipstick? I removed the oil cap and could see some oil at the bottom but it didn't look like enough.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read the manual, there is no dipstick.
Yea I was at work when I posted this. I see that there is an oil window at the very base of the unit. I still have no idea what was leaking but I didn't have any check engine lights.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine, and some others on here reported oil weeping from the gear change shaft. Mine did this when it was nearly new, circa 400 miles. I wiped it clean and it has been dry ever since. It may just be excess assembly oil. I have also noticed oil beneath the breather pipes (left hand side, near the gear change) on a couple of occasions. I've never added any oil and 1600 miles after the first oil change it still reads max in the window.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Has the bike been dropped?

·
Registered
167 Posts
3 things to check

1.check ur oil level is high

2.if not the chain lube may be culprit
use motul chain lube its the best...super sticky one and dont forms droplets under bikes like engine oils or other lubes

3.place a pan under the droplet falling area...
if its a green thicky substance,contact your dealer....it may be ur coolant leaking
drain pipe must be tightened

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 things to check

1.check ur oil level is high

2.if not the chain lube may be culprit
use motul chain lube its the best...super sticky one and dont forms droplets under bikes like engine oils or other lubes

3.place a pan under the droplet falling area...
if its a green thicky substance,contact your dealer....it may be ur coolant leaking
drain pipe must be tightened
It was an oily substance definitely not coolant. Oil level was below the high mark but I didn't notice any fluid today.

·
Registered
501 Posts
When the water evaporates from coolant it also feels oily. Just to let you know. i deal with different kinds of coolant leaks at work all the time.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When the water evaporates from coolant it also feels oily. Just to let you know. i deal with different kinds of coolant leaks at work all the time.
I hear ya but I swiped the ground as the droplet was falling. Didn't appear to be green but I will look closer tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts