·
Registered
4,996 Posts
No,
Now ask yourself why you want them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not worth it, for looks yes, but not for safety. And i dont think the stocks interfer with the areodynamics enough to remove.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've ordered a pair. Like 3 weeks ago still hasn't arrived...

Flush mounts do look sexy, and wont scrape and bend if/when I crash again. I didnt have my Yoshi frame sliders when I crashed(low-sided at about 20km/h) and the indicator took a beating, bending backwards nearly 90degress. The exhaust, brake pedal, bar-end got scraped pretty bad too. Anyways...... The indicator pokes out way beyond the frame slider so it'll get snapped again if i drop or crash.

I don't believe flush mounts are a serious safety issue, many bikes have them stock. Any car that needs to know your turning into their path will see it.(edit: should see it or hopefully see it lol)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Really, why not? Dont wet your pants.

I like these HighTechSpeed - motorcycle high technology
I emailed 8/11, not for the 250 yet, got to check again.

you have to ride like you cant be seen, for a very good reason. 92% of the idiots driving are doing other things, texting, phone calls, gps. Looking around them, much less actually driving is too inconvenient at the moment. so you are only flashing for a few people that see you anyway, and they will know you are turning by your lane, and will probably see flushmounts too. Did you ever forget to signal, and live to tell about it? I will bet YOUR driving has a lot more to do with your lifespan than did you drive with flushmounts. Like dont turn in front of a vehicle if there is not enough room.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Nothing screams 'This my first motorcycle' like flushmount indicators, (and LED's & projectors)
So NO they dont look cool.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I sort of liked the flush mounted indicators and at first I thought I'd look into them IF they were brighter than OEM. Then I got to thinking that "brighter" does not always mean "more visable". By being closer to the centerline of the bike, the flush mounts could be lost in the cast of the headlight. I may be wrong on this, but having the indicators more outboard gives the bike a wider appearance from the front and, I theorize, that would help contrast it from the background.

·
Registered
96 Posts
These wih those LED turn signals in the mirrors would look sweet. To bad all the mirrors are carbon fiber only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts