Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got back from dropping my bike off at FMF Racing in compton,california.

they are going to be making an exhaust for the cbr250 and i asked em to make sure it doesnt rob me of top end speed,they said they are going to dyno and make sure it doesnt.

basically what im looking for is increase in sound,low end torque,but most of all top end speed..as long as im not robbed of any power or speed then ill be happy.

the exhaust will be free even though i didnt have a ride to pick up my bike from moto911.com(they should be having accessories soon) so i had to use my truck,drove to 2 different cities and back home,80$ gas.btw moto911 has a frame slider created that should be better then the one currently available,and a smoked light with LEDs,also a fender eliminator

they said they would need my bike for 2 weeks and when i pick it up it will have the new exhaust on it already.then he said next monday it might be ready(1 week) but he cant promise anything.

the vinyl wrap i ordered for my exhaust shield came in the mail but it doesnt look like ima use it since my new exhaust is in the making..

once i get my exhaust i will take pics/and a video for sound.and a performance report.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know,i held off buying the two brothers exhaust,since i was waiting for yoshimura to release theirs to compare.but since im getting an exhaust from FMF i wont be getting the other choices..i might have to buy the fuel mapping thing,or the "juicebox"

·
Registered
221 Posts
ddi you tell them to make it undertail? IF not could you ask why, it seems no one has done this for the cbr250, is it just too impractical? Some technical issues?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
under tail as in under the passenger seat?i didnt ask em,but those exhausts look like buttholes lol,,ive seen a dual exhaust system on the 250 thai website

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like im getting my bike back on thursday,the guy said he talked to the R&D guy and thinks im getting a full system not just a slip on,

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
called the director of R&D to make sure my bike is ready for pick up tomorrow,he said all is done and just waiting for the photographer,so tomorrow ill pick up my bike and a dyno graph. and he also confirmed it is a full exhaust.

he mentioned that it runs way better.but didnt give full detail of this statement.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
heres a sneak peak of the exhaust,it is about to be 3am so its dark outside and i couldnt get any good pictures because my bike is between my car,a harley and some other stuff in the garage..

so later today i will have to do a video when people arnt sleeping,and if they are in the day time then idk what to tell them lol and better pictures of the full bike with the new exhaust.

it is carbon fiber full exhaust system and the FMF stickers can be taken off.
i was told it added 5.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sick!.. You came up!.. Got a free exhaust system!.. Not many aftermarket products here stateside!.. Whens this setup gon be available to us?..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can tell a power difference right away. and im not sure,i shouold call and ask,they said they were going to put pictures of my bike on their website with the exhaust

www.fmfracing.com

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i asked how much the exhaust would usually run i think he said he can do from 600-700 or some where in that range.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts