Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an easy and cheap way to fit a hi flow air filter. Buy a standard double layer foam element here:-
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Remove the standard air cleaner and stuff the Ramair element in folded double. Use the side locating wings to position the filter against the upper grill and when replacing the cover fit the protruding square peg below the foam. I also removed the rubber intake trumpet as it has no effect other than to make the hole smaller once the foam is in place.

I'm not making any performance claims at this stage, this is such a cheap mod that you can see for yourself. Its definitely not worse though.

Regards Roadster

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Also that the OEM filter has the rubber cage around it for some very good reasons. It wont get sucked up into the engine and it provides a proper seal so that you are getting all filtered air instead of letting non filtered air past.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
what is it..a 0.5 HP gain? is it really worth 2 mph faster on top end? The factory filter costs $7 and you know it will be doing the job it was designed to do..could you be so certain about a hi-flo filter much less a home made one?

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you look there a 2 screens above the stock filter, I dont think much of anything could get sucked in. But you need to oil foam. And make sure no air gaps between filter and filter seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts