Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove both the silver footpeg brackets to powder coat them black like the rest of the engine. Does anyone have a guide for doing this?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just went out to look at mine. All it looks like is that you undo the bolts. To remove the pegs, it just looks like a pin. Unbend the pin that goes through the rod of the peg and pull it out? That's all I could see. The right side just has an extra bolt that connect to the exhaust but I don't see any issues. Let me know if you have any issues. I want mine done black one day. But not until I get my money in order. Good luck!

PS-Unless you didn't mean the passenger pegs??

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went out to look at mine. All it looks like is that you undo the bolts. To remove the pegs, it just looks like a pin. Unbend the pin that goes through the rod of the peg and pull it out? That's all I could see. The right side just has an extra bolt that connect to the exhaust but I don't see any issues. Let me know if you have any issues. I want mine done black one day. But not until I get my money in order. Good luck!

PS-Unless you didn't mean the passenger pegs??

I'm actually looking to do the passenger pegs as well as the rider pegs with the shift lever and rear brake attached. I'm new to disassembly and don't trust myself to just try things without some insight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's understandable. But at least it's just pegs. I just learn by doing. But I'm not going to attempt my valves. My buddy is actually gonna check them for me this weekend. I'm already due for my first service. But I refuse to pay the "stealership" $350 to do it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Don't fret, just unscrew two hex bolts per peg. Using a small 10mm wrench remove shift linkage. It is simply a bolt and threaded rod, but you must make sure you know which way to turn it because they are different on either end. I think the foot pegs come off with cotter pins. You will probably want new pins when you put them back on. So simple, even a cave man could do it ;)

When you reinstall make sure you tighten the hex bolts to the correct torque specs. Somebody can probably tell you what it is or how tight by feel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much, I plan on doing these little modifications as soon as possible so I'll pos pictures soon enough

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's understandable. But at least it's just pegs. I just learn by doing. But I'm not going to attempt my valves. My buddy is actually gonna check them for me this weekend. I'm already due for my first service. But I refuse to pay the "stealership" $350 to do it. :rolleyes:

I actually did my first service and it was the first oil change I've ever done period. It was super simple and I loved feeling like I was taking care of her myself lol I followed the thread on this forum and it was great. I recommend giving it a go for sure however I read in the manual I believe that it's at 600 which is when I did mine.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I actually did my first service and it was the first oil change I've ever done period. It was super simple and I loved feeling like I was taking care of her myself lol I followed the thread on this forum and it was great. I recommend giving it a go for sure however I read in the manual I believe that it's at 600 which is when I did mine.
Yeah. I hit 600 miles a few days ago. I've had the oil and filter just sitting in the garage but I've been lazy the past two days. I read over the DIY oil thread. It looked ridiculous easy. I know my way around cars so I figured doing the oil would be easy on a bike. But as for the valves, that is completely out of my expertise. My friend is actually going to show me how to do them myself. That way I can save money and take care of my bike myself. Did you do the valves too on your own?? That is what was recommended by the dealer for my first service. Valve adjustment and oil change...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah. I hit 600 miles a few days ago. I've had the oil and filter just sitting in the garage but I've been lazy the past two days. I read over the DIY oil thread. It looked ridiculous easy. I know my way around cars so I figured doing the oil would be easy on a bike. But as for the valves, that is completely out of my expertise. My friend is actually going to show me how to do them myself. That way I can save money and take care of my bike myself. Did you do the valves too on your own?? That is what was recommended by the dealer for my first service. Valve adjustment and oil change...

I hate to say this but I'm unsure what you mean by the valves. My buddy supervised my oil change as I did it so he may have mentioned valves but I don't recall what they were

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You need to do a valve adjustment around your first service. Take it to the dealer to do it.

You can get away without doing it now, however the maintenance schedule says to do it at 600 miles. Take a look in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to do a valve adjustment around your first service. Take it to the dealer to do it.

You can get away without doing it now, however the maintenance schedule says to do it at 600 miles. Take a look in your owner's manual.

All I'm seeing is to inspect the valve clearance

·
Registered
305 Posts
All I'm seeing is to inspect the valve clearance
That's what I meant when I said doing your valves. The first service on our bikes, we are supposed to get the valves adjusted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts