Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike looks like it needs a fork brace due to the skinny looking, weak ass front axle and the flexy fork tubes being pulled by the single disk. BUT ,my suspension tuner tells me that the CBR250R has the same front forks as the Ninja 250 and a brace on the ninja 250 leads to front end chatter.
I am building a 2011 CBR250R track bike while recovering from a broken arm cracked up while road racing and have zero time actually riding the bike. Any real track time rider input would be great.
Mike , in Austin, Texas

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
About the only thing worth a pinch of **** on the 'Bikers shiny cheap stuff' website.

if anyone works out how to buy paypal.. lemme know.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I haven't raced a CBR, but I have raced older bikes with similarly poor frames and forks, and have experienced front-end chatter.

I think a fork brace is a good idea. If you have sticky tires (like you should) you will get some chatter when pushing hard, but a brace will add much needed strength to the front. Makes sure to upgrade springs and select the proper fork oil.

Keep your braking and transitions as smooth as possible. If you start to chatter you may be pushing too hard and actually going slower. You can only push a bike like the CBR so hard on the track before its design will become a limiting factor. Pushing it harder will be counter-productive. Smoother will always be better - and faster.

What are you riding now? Sorry to hear about the arm - it happens...

Jay

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
$140+postage from webike Japan, not as cheap as Bikers...but they do paypal

TSUKIGI RACING : Bikers Stabilizer [900-H125]
It's a shame Bikers got tied up with Tsukigi so now all their stuff has to go through Japan causing a %300 increase in price over what Bikers sells the same item over the retail counter in their store front in Thailand. They are losing a lot of business.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My bike looks like it needs a fork brace due to the skinny looking, weak ass front axle and the flexy fork tubes being pulled by the single disk. BUT ,my suspension tuner tells me that the CBR250R has the same front forks as the Ninja 250 and a brace on the ninja 250 leads to front end chatter.
I am building a 2011 CBR250R track bike while recovering from a broken arm cracked up while road racing and have zero time actually riding the bike. Any real track time rider input would be great.
Mike , in Austin, Texas
I'm sure as a racer you already know that it is a question of balance. The energy absorbed by the brace will transfer to the other parts possibly causing problems with the next weakest link. We expect to change the triple clamps on my CBR250 soon. Whatever flex we take away from the original triple clamps will transfer to the forks, and steering head and bearings.

Honda R&D is second to none. They have engineers that do calulations to insure an overall balance which does make for the best handling available, dependent on the quality of the parts we are all willing to pay for. If everything on this bike was a little bit better it would cost a little bit more. If everything was alot better it would cost alot more.

Setting up a bike to handle correctly is an engineering art.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I haven't raced a CBR, but I have raced older bikes with similarly poor frames and forks, and have experienced front-end chatter.
Jay
seriously Jay ...what state is the nursing home you live in ? i will bring my cbr so you can ride it (if you still can ride).

we really need you on the team sir !!;)

p.s.my bike said stop talking s*** ! POOR FRAME ? she said IT's Just The Forks !!

called Ohlins when i got the bike , yes jay the 2011 cbr250r mc41 :D, and asked for this motorcycle app. but the guy was like :confused:
if there is upgrades (like inverted forks for the ninja 250r) , in my personal squid opinion , they will fit the cbr250r (like many other ninja parts) but i don't think no real company will ok this for "liability reasons"....but a lot of track race-heads know all the secrets ........ helloooooo jay :confused::confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
When y'all say "Bikers" is that short for Biker's Choice? If not, somebody post a link. The Japanese ones are tempting, but cheaper is better!

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've done a few TD's and one race weekend on my CBR and never felt the need for a fork brace. Didn't notice any of the other guys running one either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts