Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Pretty sure it would be a simple upgrade. It would cost some money though and IDK if the site has enough traffic to make that much money through adds.

They would have to get the admins to do it, and from what i see, they're not active (Aside from the occasional product placement/lollookatthisnewhondabikearticle posting). Even then it would cost some decent money to hire someone to start up a mobile version.

All for an auto forum that probably has some of the least traffic out there. It sucks, man.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I am prepared to write Maintenance stuff thats been repeated over and over if it gets made a sticky most I can just add pics, its all written.
Others can do valve clearances.
Some can do Bazzaz tuning.

'What exhaust do I want?' threads should be banned.. its been done to death.
'Can you ride the cbr on the highway' threads outlawed.

A stupid modifications section for all the useless stuff that motorcycles dont need... I can post my ashtray in there along with stereos, gear position indicators, flush mount turn signals, aftermarket mirrors and integrated tailights.
An Indian bikes section.
A rattlers section
A how to change gears to avoid stalling section.
An owners manual section so we can just refer ppl to with the whole book in its full glory.
I agree that things get asked repeatedly. I felt the same way as a senior member over at the Mazda forums. After answering the same question 1200 times, **** gets old quick.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I completely agree. While I'll never convince my friends of this because they are too worried about how the guys riding 600+ bikes will think of them... Fact is I've had a bunch of them not even realize this thing was a 250 because it doesn't really look like one.
Very true.

I got the nod from two guys, one on a GXSR 750 and the other on a new Ducati at a stop light yesterday. Aside from physical size and engine sound, the only thing that gives it away as a 250 from a distance, is the 250 written on the side.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think some kind of chat-box on the home page would be killer!!! Lots of questions could possibly be answered, without a whole topic. And we could generally BS with each other.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I think some kind of chat-box on the home page would be killer!!! Lots of questions could possibly be answered, without a whole topic. And we could generally BS with each other.
+1 Great Idea!

Something like an instant messenger with a group chat option.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
On my Sportster forum, we have a shout/chat section. Great for things that don't warrant an entire thread. (and we do a lot of BS there!)
Wahoo for the Sportser. 4 yrs later and my spine is still numb and vibrating:eek:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
How about a Ride Report section. It would be nice to see more about motorcycling; what people do, rather than just the motorcycle.
I love reading ride reports. I suggest that people submit them with as many pictures as possible and maybe a "if you go.." list of places to eat, places to sleep, points of interest, etc.

·
Registered
706 Posts
On some other forums i'm on they have a "like button" I like it for some reason. When someone posts something in a thread you like you simply "like" it
And it keeps away all those comments like short comments like "x2"

21 - 32 of 32 Posts