Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lucky you. Mine have almost disappeared the last few days (it's been very wet and damp and it always seems to affect it in a positive way :confused: ).

The difference in driving enjoyment is amazing. You actually here the sweet sound of the engine and get to enjoy driving in the mid range. With the rattle you seem to change gear as soon as it kicks in. :(
Do you hear any thumping (only as you accelerate) at all??

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
986 Posts
After rocker arm changed did tht problem solved bro . . For me also the same problem if I cruise at 6 to 7th rpm sound comes after tht no sound
Hi
Sorry. The guy who started the thread wrote a comment and after a month left the forum. :unsure:

YES The famous rattle at CBR250R is heard around 5-6k rpm. It is also present above that rpm, but at high rpm the engine noise, wind noise and exhaust noise overpower it.

The noise is due to the operation of the exhaust air release valve, the one located above the valve cover (REED VALVE 18601-KEA-741 LINK to PARTZILLA).
Font Engineering Motor vehicle Auto part Parallel

The noise gets stronger when you are in the wrong gear. Our engine has a little torque, it is built to work above 6k rpm. Those who ride below 6k rpm (like me), are a calm rider, unlike the sporty rider.

I recently replaced the rubber that seals the throttle body to the intake manifold (INSULATOR 16211-KYJ-901 LINK to PARTZILLA):
Jaw Gesture Font Auto part Drawing

I replaced that rubber because it leaked and caused to lean fuel mixture. When the engine returned to working on a normal mixture, two things happened:
  • The rattling noise almost completely disappeared,
  • and the fuel consumption increased to 39kpl.

I tried to summarize the issue in this post (link below), now I need to update it according to what I wrote to you today:

Reactions: Mory
161 - 163 of 163 Posts