Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i often ride with pillion rider(dad) as he has to be dropped in office 30kms from my place...

i weigh a 97kg and dad around 80kg

service manual says maximum weight capacity is 217kg and i am well within the limit(those printed in manual are wrong...refer thread in same forum)

my dealer said inflate to 30/40psi
i fell in doubt and read manual all over again..and saw with pillion rider-29/33psi

as the manual already has some corrections,i checked the frame and it also said 29/33psi

my friends using tubeless tyres told inflating rear tyres 3-4 psi more will ensure pillion weight management,but a little wear will be following...

please recommend the pressures to be used
i am inflating nitrogen---
and currently using 29/34psi(1 point for safety)
is there any chance of rim to bend as total weight is 97+80(170kg)
and do i have to inflate it 2-3psi more to avoid that???

please recommend it guys

my region:kerala,INDIA
(roads are a disaster in our side...got a little NH-47 to rock on)
tredding region:bumps,gutters,speed breakers..often

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
To me 40psi sounds way over inflated..I think this forum has shown time and again that dealers aren't always the best source for information or advice concerning this bike.. IMO I think you have a pretty good setup and should continue doing it as your doing it now..

Someone in here suggested over inflating your tires a few psi to get better gas mileage, but added that it will make your tires wear a little bit quicker.

And what is the advantages to using nitrogen over regular air? And how does it handle with your dad on the back? Do you have any problems getting it to stand back up after coming around a corner?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I can offer one gem of knowledge. Nitrogen is used by some garages because it's density is effected to a lesser degree by temperature and the pure gas is retained longer in the tire. Also, because compressed air contains water vapor, there is less of a risk for corrosion when using Nitrogen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts