Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So since switching to a front Xenon bulb I notice that when starting up the engine, the bike dashboard and front light flickers.
Then I noticed that when I pressed the front brake the dashboard would veeeeery slightly flicker. I thought nothing of it until today when I noticed that hitting the front brake no longer activates the rear brake light. The passive rear light is still on, the brake light switches on when hitting the rear brake, but not when hitting the front brake.

Where should I be looking, fuse box?

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So considering the Xenon is its own path with its own fuse, im starting to think it might be I connected the rear wires not properly when putting on my tail tidy. Does anyone have a picture of all the rear wires properly connected??

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,075 Posts
when I pressed the front brake the dashboard would veeeeery slightly flicker.
It is possible that the xenon system is overloading the electrical system?
Maybe a weak battery, and then when you turn on the rear brake light it causes a slight voltage drop which you see in the light drop in the front panel
I noticed that hitting the front brake no longer activates the rear brake light. The passive rear light is still on, the brake light switches on when hitting the rear brake, but not when hitting the front brake.
The microswitch that is activated by the front brake lever, well, it has a tendency to go bad. It's a contact problem. It's easy to open and clean:

• Helpful
Reactions: goool89

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a feeling that the Xenon system isn't getting enough power from the battery, which explains why the head bulb flickering and its instability. However can that interfere with separate connections and be the reason for the rear brake light issue? Hmmm

I thought about the mechanical switch, I know they do usually get dirty and I cleaned the outside and sprayed some silicone spray on it just in case. I doubt it was the cause, but it's definitely possible it was dirty and just cleared itself off.

· Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Giving a fast update on this, turns out it was probably a bad connection with one of the rear tail cables plus the fact that my fender eliminator doesn't give a lot of room for the wires to move which means less shock absorption. I have reinforced all the connections and now its been working fine for at least 2 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts