Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,075 Posts
Yes i buy the parts myself but installation done by a professional. I do consult him and buys the part he ask me to.
A pay close attention to everything he tells me I question him and look out for what he's doing.
Hi
"i buy the parts myself but installation done by a professional"
I don't usually criticize other mechanics, it's unfair and unethical.
Just be aware that your combination that you are telling us about does not give you effective results,
and even puts you at great risk.
You need to think on other combination method.

No one has any intention of saving money and putting themselves in danger because they saved money.

You cannot continue to ride your motorcycle when the brake system is not working:eek:

• Helpful
Reactions: BG44

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi
"i buy the parts myself but installation done by a professional"
I don't usually criticize other mechanics, it's unfair and unethical.
Just be aware that your combination that you are telling us about does not give you effective results,
and even puts you at great risk.
You need to think on other combination method.

No one has any intention of saving money and putting themselves in danger because they saved money.

You cannot continue to ride your motorcycle when the brake system is not working:eek:
You might not know this but in India here there's problem of recieving replica of the spare part you are buying. That's my i go the extra mile to make sure that the item i am gonna get installed in my vehicle is original and genuine product. Hence i buy the spare parts myself. I am sorry if i mis- understood what you were trying to say.
I really hope that you would help me resolve the issue.

· Registered
3 Posts
You might not know this but in India here there's problem of recieving replica of the spare part you are buying. That's my i go the extra mile to make sure that the item i am gonna get installed in my vehicle is original and genuine product. Hence i buy the spare parts myself. I am sorry if i mis- understood what you were trying to say.
I really hope that you would help me resolve the issue.
I don't think your situation is different from anywhere else in India, or anywhere else in the world.
No mechanic likes when you buy your parts yourself and bring them to the mechanic to put them on your motorcycle. Because mechanics have an extra profit on the parts.
You want a cheap repair, OK, get a cheap service. I think everything is fine(y)
That's why I suggested you to keep doing what you're doing so well. all is fine.

· Registered
7 Posts
I don't think your situation is different from anywhere else in India, or anywhere else in the world.
No mechanic likes when you buy your parts yourself and bring them to the mechanic to put them on your motorcycle. Because mechanics have an extra profit on the parts.
You want a cheap repair, OK, get a cheap service. I think everything is fine(y)
That's why I suggested you to keep doing what you're doing so well. all is fine.
Oh no bro the mechanic i get my vehicle repaired isn't cheap comparatively or put it this way that he's probably one the most expensive mechanic in the area. Also he ask the bike owners to get the parts themselves because if any parts fails in near future it's not mechanic's responsibility.

· Registered
116 Posts
Thank you so brother for your input, i really do appreciate your effort. Can't be more happy to receive such a support.
Update :- removed the abs fuse. (abs not working now) ran the bike around 30kms the brake isn't losing pressure anymore.
What can be the probable issue in abs?
Can abs be repaired?
Or do i have to look for new abs unit ?
Seems like you solved your problem. I do not have experience with ABS devices but you can find an entire ABS Pump Unit Module for less than $100 (USD) and just the pump for about $75 (USD) on ebay (also USA). You probably have enough experience to ride without the ABS unit running.

If you have Electronic Contact Cleaner, you might give the contacts a spray down and see if it's just the contacts needing a freshening up.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Seems like you solved your problem.
You are not accurate.
He took the fuse out, and he claims it stopped the leaver from sinking.
So maybe the problem is: DELAY VALVE 46300-MFG-D21 (NEW for ~107$)???
So there is no point in rushing to announce that either.
LINK to PARTZILLA
Font Rectangle Parallel Auto part Slope

If the suspicion falls on the ABS system, a systematic diagnosis should be made for that system.
Of course you will also start replacing parts. Both methods are good.
I do not have experience with ABS devices
I do not have either.
These ABS systems do not add safety to motorcyclists, and I am not the only one who claims this.
When it comes to maintaining an old bike,
maintaining the normal braking systems without ABS is much simpler.
I can like the idea of removing the fuse, if it really solves the problem.
On the other hand,
if there is already an ABS system and it is not working, I would make an effort to fix it,
that is part of the fun, a part of the hobby (DIY).
A hobby costs money and does not save money.
And the reward is the pleasure of a successful repair.

Reactions: Big Cahuna and Mory

· Registered
116 Posts
You are not accurate.
He took the fuse out, and he claims it stopped the leaver from sinking.
So maybe the problem is: DELAY VALVE 46300-MFG-D21 (NEW for ~107$)???
So there is no point in rushing to announce that either.
LINK to PARTZILLA
View attachment 46069
If the suspicion falls on the ABS system, a systematic diagnosis should be made for that system.
Of course you will also start replacing parts. Both methods are good.
What a complicated system. This video describes a condition that causes the lever to sink to the handle and not work (starting at 3:50). There are several pumps, motors, and valves in these systems. Understanding how they work will help in diagnosing the problem.

· Registered
1,075 Posts
This video describes a condition that causes the lever to sink to the handle and not work
Yes, when the Dump Valve remaining open to LPA.

The explanation in the video is excellent!
Now I have to compare it to the scheme of the system in our Honda and try to understand what is similar and what is different...at the end I will accidentally understand how our ABS system works:giggle:

· Registered
1,075 Posts
Update
I looked at P.15-12 and P.16-3, and I couldn't understand what was inside the "black" boxes of the various components:sneaky:

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thank you so brother for your input, i really do appreciate your effort. Can't be more happy to receive such a support.
Update :- removed the abs fuse. (abs not working now) ran the bike around 30kms the brake isn't losing pressure anymore.
What can be the probable issue in abs?
Can abs be repaired?
Or do i have to look for new abs unit ?
Is your brake working fine now after removing the fuse?? Replacing the master cylinder didn't solved the issue on mine as well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts