Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas (and ladies) I don't mean to sound like a noob here so if anyone knows of a thread that has my question answered feel free. However I've poured over this site and to no avail found an answer...

(Story)
I was going through a curve 2 weeks ago when surprised by a cat, swerved to avoid killing it when I ran into the great sandy dirt of Florida and slammed my baby on her right side...

(Problem)
I basically need to replace all fairing on the right side. I know how to remove the side fairings but unfortunately I also need to replace the "Front Fairing" as the bike basically slammed down hard on the right front corner (snapping the mirror clean off like it was nothing). As of last night I believe my second problem is now that the front right corner (specifically where the mirror fastends to the frame) is now bent inward just a tad... any thoughts?

Any help would be most appreciated, THANKS!!! =D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Look in the owner's manual

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't think the manual details anything beyond the removal of the side fairings -- If you need more, best I've seen as of late might be the thread about installing the Bazzaz on this forum. In the video I think he had to remove pretty everything to get at the connections (so maybe it might help).

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will have to remove the 4 bolts that hold down the instrument cluster. Pretty much you need to tear down all the plastics from the back seat to the front and every bolt and plastic screw that holds the fairings in place. After you remove everything you need to remove the bolts holding down the mirrors. The head fairing should slide off by pulling gently on it. It sits on 2 holders with the bulb wiring attached to the main harness.

There could be an easier way but this is what I did. I even removed the air box and gas tank! I did this the other day when trying to install a SPY 5000M alarm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts