Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Depending on what you do with it. I personally think they suck. As for the shock it has no rabound, high or low speed compression adjustment. If you ride one with suspension that is set up you will realize the stock set up is no good. It works but it's not what it should be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depending on what you do with it. I personally think they suck. As for the shock it has no rabound, high or low speed compression adjustment. If you ride one with suspension that is set up you will realize the stock set up is no good. It works but it's not what it should be.
They are ok for a tiny rider like my wife, since she's only 100lbs. The reason why I asked about the front shocks is because I lowered she bike, so I'd like to at least increase the compression. I here a different shock oil might help. On a side note, I actually had to increase the rear preload from 2 to 4 after lowering.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I think that the suspension on this bike is pretty good as it is on the street. You may be able to shave a few tenths of a second around a track by spending loads of money on suspension, but it really would be wasted on your average road user. Besides, it's not a bloody race bike, it's a commuter. ;) You will find that standard street bikes are usually not that much slower around a circuit, but the very expensive mods do make a small difference that will win races. Not applicable to your average rider though. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can use a heavier wt fluid in the forks or even add some fluid to the front. what are you trying to acheive?

The oil levle should be set at 170mm with 5wt fluid from the factory. You can try 7wt fluid or even bring the it to 155-160mm with 5 wt.
My reasoning is, since I lowered the wife's bike I'd like to have a bit more compression on the front. I already increased the preload in the back. It's not really an issue with her riding it, but when I take it. I've got 80lbs on her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts