Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel cap confused me today - after refuel I tried to take the key out, but it stuck there. Was in total confusion for like 5 mins trying to take a key out of it, but then realized that need to press it harder to the tank and key turns by itself and can take it out.

Interesting that this was a second refuel already, first time i did not confuse myself trying to take a key out before putting a cap back LOL.

I guess its a noob thing:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I already miss caps with actual hinges. Sometimes there's nary a place to put that thing other than on top of the tank.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Fuel cap confused me today - after refuel I tried to take the key out, but it stuck there. Was in total confusion for like 5 mins trying to take a key out of it, but then realized that need to press it harder to the tank and key turns by itself and can take it out.

Interesting that this was a second refuel already, first time i did not confuse myself trying to take a key out before putting a cap back LOL.

I guess its a noob thing:)
Gotta be smarter then the equipment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
how about in your pocket or hand?

pretty sure thats more safe than leaving it unattended.......
You'd have to have some big pockets. I just set it down in front of the pump. It's not like you're going to drive off with it since the key is in it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
How to unlock and lock the fuel cap is in the user manual..lol, I actually notice a high number of user questions in here are already answered by being clearly written inside the user manual in plain English and it obviously wasn't either looked at or was merely thumbed thru... seems to be a high number of people who do that including my own daughter and girlfriend. I am the type of person that whenever i buy something new the first thing I do is read the ENTIRE manual, sometimes twice...but another peeve of mine is i also make my bed every single morning,no exception.....thats something else neither my daughter or GF does....I guess i am just peculiar bout these things

·
281 Posts
How to unlock and lock the fuel cap is in the user manual..lol, I actually notice a high number of user questions in here are already answered by being clearly written inside the user manual in plain English and it obviously wasn't either looked at or was merely thumbed thru... seems to be a high number of people who do that including my own daughter and girlfriend. I am the type of person that whenever i buy something new the first thing I do is read the ENTIRE manual, sometimes twice...but another peeve of mine is i also make my bed every single morning,no exception.....thats something else neither my daughter or GF does....I guess i am just peculiar bout these things
+1 Spdklls.............nobody wants to read the manual anymore which is a little unfortunate when the time comes to know what to do or how it works........

·
Registered
681 Posts
Man... I don't even have my bike yet and I stayed up until like 3:30 this morning reading a copy I found online. I get excited about having a nice new bike. I want to know everything about it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it obviously wasn't either looked at or was merely thumbed thru... seems to be a high number of people who do that
true... I never read any manuals, prefer to rely on common sense instead, its works in 95% of situations, i have a good one. Only if i really stuck with something - i would start looking at the manual.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Common sense says that you read the manual. It then works in 100% of situations. :D

As far as the cap goes, I also put it on a paper towel on top of the pump. I also use a second paper towel to keep any back splash off the paint job while filling it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Who needs a manual. I couldnt get my gas cap off, so I just kept hitting it with a hammer. Eventually it fell off. Now if I could only figure out how to weld it back on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
who needs a manual. I couldnt get my gas cap off, so i just kept hitting it with a hammer. Eventually it fell off. Now if i could only figure out how to weld it back on.
bahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I don't have my bike yet either but I downloaded a pdf copy of it to my desktop and I've read it at least twice now..lol pretty sure I found it in one of these forums on this site....I downloaded the service manual pdf too but it's a really crappy made file so was next to useless for me..
I also use the hammer method on occasion..i have them everywhere..2 in the house..2 or 3 in the garage..I wonder if one will fit under the CBR seat?

·
Registered
681 Posts
haha... these guys actually showed up where I work the other day. Scary...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Pretty much yeah... kind of an island surrounded by swamps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts