Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2012 cbr250r. It ran fine until I let it set up for a year or so. I know stupid...

So at first it would not crank at all. I took the tank off and played with the pump. Got it working. You can now hear it prime. It will crank and run but after about 10-15 seconds it dies. It will start right back up if I hit kill switch.

Check engine light comes on like right as it cuts off. Not sure if it’s the problem or just coming on cuz it cut off.

Also the fuel gauge flashes full won’t read (not sure if this has anything to do with it)

I took fuel filter off and blew through it so don’t think it’s stopped up.

Just lost at what else to check. Sorry for the long wall of text. Please help ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wanted to add battery is dead so I’m using a jump start. Not sure if this is doing anything. I would think not jus want to give all information.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Dead battery will cause problems, even after it's running.

Before getting into it more, buy a new battery and charge it overnight.

If you haven't drained the tank (assuming gas wasn't stabilized) I would do that before trying again.

Add a strong fuel system cleaner like Techron Concentrate (I know...I know...) at 1oz per gal to the fresh gas. I do that once per season in all my vehicles to clean the intake track and combustion chamber.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did drain the tank but I did not put fuel additive. I will do that.

Also have just been jumping it off didn’t think that would matter but I will get a new battery and try that. Hopefully that’s my problem.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I did drain the tank but I did not put fuel additive. I will do that.

Also have just been jumping it off didn’t think that would matter but I will get a new battery and try that. Hopefully that’s my problem.
There may still be bad fuel in the line and injector that may take time to move through.

The cleaner will help dissolve any varnish in the system from the old gas, and will eventually clean the injector if it's not too gummed-up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely will do that. I I’ll get a battery and fuel cleaner and hopefully will help my issue. Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, fuel level keeps flashing and won’t start. I replaced the battery because it was dead. So I’m assuming the I need to drain the lines to get better gas quality since I left it sit for a year as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts