Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss the days where parts were made out of metal when things connected... I was troubleshooting my bike and dropped my fuel tank and broke the connector where the main fuel line to the injector connects. So it is almost broke flush. I will buy a new assembly when I see another wrecked track bike come through but until then I'm trying to get the bike going. I've fixed my original injector problem and I've fixed the outlet like the image I have attached. I bored the hole out and found something in my junk drawer I could thread in and run the fuel line to. I was able to start the bike with this set up , it would idle at 2500 with 1/8th throttle but fuel was leaking from my fitting. So I would guess it's the inadequate pressure. The threads were loose and wouldn't tighten so I jb welded the fitting in the hole I drilled. It's currently curing and I will make a proper hose fitting when it's done but how would you guys have done this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Me? I would have bought a new housing/fuel pump. No guarantee that won't leak and start spraying fuel while you drive down the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Me? I would have bought a new housing/fuel pump. No guarantee that won't leak and start spraying fuel while you drive down the road.
This... Repair it the right way and you won't have to worry about whether your makeshift repair will hold on the pressure side of the fuel pump. If you think it's expensive now, wait until the fuel sprays through your repair while you're driving & catches on fire. Then, when insurance needs a determination on the cause of the fire, they find your threaded insert which has been JBWelded in place and deny the claim.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly I would rather let this bike burn to the ground then pay the 300$ for a new assembly . I'm sure I could find one cheaper . I will by one . But I ended up plastic welding a new flange on there and cutting the connector of the fuel line and hose clamped it. I don't have insurance anyway . Not required in washington state

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But thanks lol I was hoping there was another solution posted . But I have pressure tested the new fitting and it will hold . If it doesn't the bike will shut off anyway due to not enough pressure on the injector experience that earlier when I was just fiddling around with it .

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
But thanks lol I was hoping there was another solution posted . But I have pressure tested the new fitting and it will hold . If it doesn't the bike will shut off anyway due to not enough pressure on the injector experience that earlier when I was just fiddling around with it .
It will shut off, but only after losing pressure, which means leakage and raw gasoline spilled all over hot engine parts. Your choice, but for me, I'd rather not have the bike burst into flames while I ride it. Insurance on the bike is one thing; hospital bills due to burns/crash are much more pricey.

Also, it's only $99. http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-13-Honda...ash=item1eba20d3e2:g:7kQAAOSw4shYApfC&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't even affordable the 99$ right now but I blew the motor in my suv so the bike is all I got . But I changed the way I did this . I used a air hose fitting for the compressor and drilled out the bottom of the fuel pump and ran it straight up from the bottom , much better , I'll see when my plastiputty hardens how well it will work .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts