Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,465 Posts
I generally continue to use Sta-Bil every winter. It's available everywhere and I can't see going out of my way or paying more for a different stabilizer that may only have slight benefit. I'm certainly seeing an awful lot of bad reviews for SeaFoam as of late.

· Registered
570 Posts
I like Sta-bil Marine, has higher concentration.

Seafoam has always been snake-oil. It contains alcohols: isopropanol and methanol. Those love to attract water, which is probably why it failed the rust/corrosion tests so badly.

· Registered
2,213 Posts
Regular Sta-Bil for me.

Never had a problem, but I also use non-ethanol fuel most of the time. I've used some pretty old gas that has Sta-Bil in it and it worked just fine.

Not a fan of Seafoam for stabilizing or cleaning (I'm a Techron fan).

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,010 Posts
Youtube's FortNine has made a nice video on the subject of fuel stabilizers:
I subscribe to FortNine YT channel, excellent channel.
And I also bought STA-BIL at packing of 8FL OZ (236ml). According to the recommended ratio of 30ml to 9.5L, I calculated for 13L (a full fuel tank) 41ml of STA-BIL red liquid. OPsss...I accidentally put in 170ml. Now I have to run the engine for five minutes...the motorcycle should be in "storage" for six months or more.
Font Magenta Electric blue Label Circle
Hand dryer Gadget Automotive lighting Material property Gas
Hand Liquid Cosmetics Bottle Fluid
Liquid Solution Bottle Cosmetics Fluid
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Material property Automotive exterior
Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Solution Bottle

Reactions: goool89

· Registered
8 Posts
I try to time my last ride of the season(greater Toronto area) before winter sets in, by using up the ethanol gas, and putting in a full tank of Shell premium "no ethanol". Then there is inevitably another week of nice riding weather and I rue the extra $3 I spent on the premium gas fill-up. Sometimes I'm penny unwise, pound stupid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts