Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those people who wear glasses while they ride with their full face helmet couple of questions.... I posted this on a couple other fog posts but haven't got a response yet.

After reading the other fog related posts I'm here it seems like getting a pin lock would be a great idea for my visor. However my glasses still fog up when stopped. It is really annoying to have to open and close the vizor especially when commuting in stop and go traffic.

Do any of you have any products that you like to use on your glasses. That do not create any issues with the lenses like smearing.

I just ran out of my last pair of contacts and I am planning on using my bike as a commuter to and from work. Wearing contacts all day at work is no fun staring at a computer screen all day.

I have seen mixed reviews on products like cat crap. Any advise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a product called the Respro Foggy. It works very well. It essentially redirects all your breath out of the helmet.

I've got it and that COMBINED with the pin lock works great. Without a pin lock, the Respro foggy works very well except for the times when I get on the motorcycle right after a run (the sweat will fog it up). Normal everyday commuting, this 20 dollar piece will save you a lot of aggrevation.

·
Super Moderator
2,017 Posts
Lift the shield when you stop, if all else fails.

Not living in a humid area for many years, I've pretty much forgotten what we did with snap on bubbles back in the 60's. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wear glasses & I use shaving cream just a little dab with a soft cloth till it's gone & polish out with my eye glass cloth do the same thing to my visor. Plus I have a Scorpion helmet with a anti-fog feature which allows you to crack the visor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in South Louisiana as well as wear glasses and I have a Scorpion helmet. I've had more issues with my contacts drying out than glasses fogging. I prefer to ride with my glasses. I clean my glasses with a cleaner given to me by my eye doctor and have never had an issue with fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wear glasses & I use shaving cream just a little dab with a soft cloth till it's gone & polish out with my eye glass cloth do the same thing to my visor. Plus I have a Scorpion helmet with a anti-fog feature which allows you to crack the visor.

Interesting idea it doesn't streak up at all? how long does it last do you have to do that everyday?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Being in Seattle, I am practically living under water from November to April. For me, I have not found an anti-fog product that's truly anti-fog, YET. With glasses and a full face helmet, I would crack open the face shield while in the city. When I stop at the light, I would open the face shield half way. Once I get moving on the freeway, there is enough air flow that I can keep the face shield fully closed.

You can try some anti-fog products for skiing and scuba diving. I've heard that Raincoat worked pretty well for some people. But motorcycle helmet is a bit different since you do breath into the face shield, unlike a ski goggle. So after a certain level, specially in cold and damp weather, your face shield will fog up, regardless how much goo you put on it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Usually do it a couple a times a week on my glasses when I ride since I wear them every day. The visor I've gone a couple of weeks with out having to do it. Just depends on the conditions & the bugs. You will get some fog on the visor, but not enough to bother your vision :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
There's a product called the Respro Foggy. It works very well. It essentially redirects all your breath out of the helmet.

I've got it and that COMBINED with the pin lock works great. Without a pin lock, the Respro foggy works very well except for the times when I get on the motorcycle right after a run (the sweat will fog it up). Normal everyday commuting, this 20 dollar piece will save you a lot of aggrevation.
I use that too. I confirm it works well. I don't wear glasses but since it works by simply directing your breath down, there's no reason it shouldn't work as well with glasses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts