Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my CBR205R since June 2011. Yes it is black a black one. WAS looking for a bike that i could reach the floor and does not have a kick starter, this bike fits the bill just what i wanted. Now this is where the fun starts after years of putting my sons through motorsport of MX a top state rider here in WA. Now it is my turn. Will be doing some track days over the summer hey Aufitt how about you joining us as you have a head start on me.:).... will help you guys suspension tuning, engine and all that kind of stuff, as this bike is ripe for tinkering. thanks for having me aboard.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ah thought you were a fellow Sandgroper Earlyman... welcome.

Howz about December 18th at Collie?
Home

Barbagallo is closed from December 12th onwards for 3 months (upgrading for the v8 Taxi racing I think)
My last Racecraft day was a decade ago at Barbagallo and I was Enduro racing at the time so the roadbike career fell by the wayside... and I was **** good.. just ask me.. in fact the longer I think about it the better I was :p
I'd like to do Collie as its a left hander track and thats my weakness.

Anyway.. yes the cbr needs some serious dampening issues sorted out It pogos like a bastard on our bumpy roads down here in the south, so love to pick your brain over it in time, once you've pulled the forks apart and had a look inside.

Welcome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds cool, been down there a couple a times to help a friend of mind do historic racing but his was a little more modern like a GSX750 r 1990. A good track to learn on too left hands are good for me, so you write left hand then. I do a lot of MX suspension am agent for YSS shocks. i can mod these forks to an acceptable level, but as the old saying goes "how big is your wallet" to how much you want to make go on rails. i will but junking the rear shock, and buying a hyperpro shock, will be installing a hyperpro steering dampener.Will install a PD valve in the front forks. then we take stock if it is good enough. Thanks Aufitt.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Had my TTR forks modded to **** good.. but that was enduros.
My wallet is open enough to get some bloody rebound dampening for starters.. even putting the brakes on at the lights has the front go up and down 1 and a half times at a complete standstill lol.
.. Then at high speed in bumpy corners I just cant get weight over the front to turn it in with confidence.. I find myself moving my weight backwards which aint the way to ride a bike that couldnt break traction on the rear even if it had another 50 hp.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Should postb this elsewhere but has anyone got an exploded view of the forks?
in detail?
I the dark ages we'd just run heavier oil... but I'm sure we can go better than that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try taking a picture of it, i have a service manual too will do a picture, but it is not very technical, but you can fit emulators, or our pd valve they are the same anyway. And try the motorex 10/30 fork oil. Rebound will get slower as the fork heats up. but really the answer will be to get new internals like that on racetech site or a set of 125cc ohlins forks, then triple clamps aaahhh better stop now.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
kflaig emailed it to me, PM me if you want it Earlyman.

Yeah dont want to put RGV forks in it just yet lol.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
:eek: just got my bike back from Race Tech , they did the forks,rear shock:D WOW it now has it all:cool: and it rides like a BIG BOY BIKE :eek:

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
:eek: just got my bike back from Race Tech , they did the forks,rear shock:D WOW it now has it all:cool: and it rides like a BIG BOY BIKE :eek:
Inspiring to know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts