Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put a button a garage door opener button somewhere on the bike for the wife. On the CBR600 that I'm taking it off of, I built a momentary relay and hooked it up to the high beam switch. But that's a PITA to do, and didn't really work out for a couple of reasons.

So, what have you guys done?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mini key-ring opener -- hangs on the bike key ring. $22 on Amazon. No wiring, portable, takes up no room... works.

Ba-da-boom.

But, r100's solution has its advantages... (shorter skirt might work, too).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
160 Posts
I move allot, but always have a garage door opener. In the last 6 years we have lived in 5 different homes in 2 states and we are finally building a home to settle down in :De

With all of these, I have used a mini-opener on the keychain. I think each house had 3 different brand operiers but they all had a mini option.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'm actually wondering the same thing, as I am in a condo which has 2 'requirements' -- a gate at street level, and the actual garage door. Considering I only have their 'iPhone-sized' opener, I'm looking for other options that can be programmed like HomeLink (have that in the car, and it works beautifully)

·
Registered
706 Posts
This is my bikes "homelink"

Nobody can even tell that it's not factory in person.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mini key-ring opener -- hangs on the bike key ring. $22 on Amazon. No wiring, portable, takes up no room... works.

Ba-da-boom.

But, r100's solution has its advantages... (shorter skirt might work, too).
Will that work with a Chamberlain garage door opener? I have one of those keypads outside but it would just suck to have to get off my bike everytime I come home...

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks BKP! Yet another expense but I'd say it's worth it. I can give up a dinner out for that. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine is about a year and a half old. I'll bug the hubs to get on a ladder and check it out for me. lol.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I guess I'm the only one that hates having stuff hanging and rattling on the steering plate and also scratching it.

Reactions: don'tpanic

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I like Somebody's mounting solution. very clean and neat. but why wouldn't I just buy a couple (two riders) of keychain remotes and just keep one in each of our jacket pockets? I probably could even clip it somehow to the lining of my jacket so I wouldn't have to bother unzipping a pocket. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a clicker remote for my building garage, just got some plastic sticky "velcro" -
- and mounted it within reach. Goes on and off easy. Kind of like the stuff used on EZ passes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts